Friday, August 9, 2013

So tender and sweet to me....

My heart is so full of memories of this last month.  I've decided to share them piece meal and not just throw it all out at once.  I'm savoring and reminiscing the happenings in my mind and will share that with you.

Our oldest son has injuries from 2 failed back surgeries and he's not been to anything family wise, beyond his home, for years.  This year he decided to try the trip and prepared as best he could.  He'd ride with us and we'd stop as needed, including all rest stops and anywhere else along the way.   The longest he'd ever ridden was to Kirkland, a couple of hours away.  So there were a lot of unknowns but he wanted to try it.  He would just handle things the best he could.

It worked out great!

The last time Kipper attended McCall was 1999.  Each year all the family laments he's not with us.  It was amazing what his presence did to the family dynamic.

He was able to surprise his siblings and that was such fun for all... such a joyous emotional time as they arrived and he was there! 

This is one of my favorite pictures.  David, in the hat, had just seen Kipper outside his car and was dumbfounded.  He jumped out and they just hugged and it was tender with deep emotions and I was teary.  True- I was paparazzi taking pictures from both sides but I couldn't resist, as it was such a beautiful moment.

Kipper, 13 when David was born, used to often take him, as a baby, from his crib and sneak him into his bunk late at night and sleep with him.  I had that memory flash through my mind when I witnessed this scene.  Even looking at these pictures now makes me tear up.




There is something so special about family ties.  Our children re-connected and bonded and our family was made stronger by our family reunion.  I'm so thankful!!  We are not a cookie cutter family, with all from the same mold, so it's quite amazing to see this diverse group make the effort, way beyond friendship, to be a family.  More on that phenomena later!!


No comments: