Wednesday, August 14, 2013

McCall and summer fun is now a thing to be remembered. It's over for 2013!

I was looking at the pictures from McCall this year and there are so many that bring back certain remembrances.  I'll just share a couple more and then McCall is filed in my memory bank.

I'll remember....

the girls measuring their hair lengths!

our children enjoying each others company!

Love/affection being shown over and over!

LOTS of laughter!!!

All were so happy that the Grandfather was okay after his Jan. stroke and they let him know that several times.

Christmas dinner outdoors.  Snowflakes hung in trees. 25 people.

Lake day.  David cooking.

David & our Grandson- Kipper.  Friends always.

Lots of games were played.

Brother bugging sister!

Terry making Poor Man's Mush.  He made two pans.  David helping him.

Goodbye to cousin Sammy.  All of these cousins love and enjoy each other.  Our precious grandchildren.
**************************************
At the Lake there were so many bees that it was startling.  They were really bold and fierce.  They would get right on your plate of food and start eating!  Here are two pictures of them eating salmon.  (Ben brought us Alaskan salmon and it was cooked over the fire we had going!  delicious!)



I had an encounter with one of the bees when I was munching on a hot dog.  I took a bite.  Had the thought...Is there a bee in my mouth????!!!  Was processing that possibility when all doubt was removed and I got stung in the roof of my mouth on the left side towards the back.  I was so shocked!! 

I jumped up and went over and started spitting my mouthful of food in the bushes.  Terry was startled and rushed over to me.  I didn't want to alarm anyone so I told him I was stung and to get Lorrie (our DIL.  Greg's wife).  I knew she'd have tweezers and I could feel the stinger.  Suddenly it was bedlam with it being loudly announced that I had been stung. 

Bedlam turned to sideshow as I sat there with gaping mouth, while everyone that cared to, took a peek and gasped at what they saw with the stinger in place.  The roof of my mouth was swelling and I felt like I had a massive shot of novacain up there.

It all turned out fine.  I was really sore for several hours and it felt strange when I swallowed water or anything.  I "worried" the stinger with my tongue until it fell off,  as no one could find tweezers until after the fact.

It's so bizarre and I ended up glad i had some eyewitnesses as who would believe such a story????

Several felt I should go to the Dr. but I opted not.  I did have one moment of a bit of panic.  I know that the mouth is where you take nitroglycerin and you chew aspirin when you have heart symptoms, because it will go directly to blood stream so I suddenly thought maybe I had bee poison rushing through my veins and I would keel over and die on the spot!!!!  realizing it was a long ways past that time period, I relaxed.  just being paranoid for a bit!!!

No comments: