Monday, August 19, 2013

Life is an ongoing process!!!

The Temple was a great experience.  There is so much available for our benefit IF we just take advantage of it.  I took advantage of it.  A real treat was the beautiful new film.  Same script made beautiful by new music, new background and great actors.  So enjoyable!

My travel tears were soft.  My heart was tender.  My mind was open. 

I revel in the fact that the Lord knows our hearts.  Each of them.  Yours.  and mine.  So thankful for that fact.

Also very appreciative of Priesthood blessings for comfort and guidance.

Clearing emotions, no matter what kind, is not always easy.  not always pleasant but always well worth the scrubbing.

The peace continues to descend as I am reminded...let go and let God...quietly listen to the promptings and then act on those feelings/thoughts that settle in.

My co-dependent nature at times fills me with feelings of inadequacies as I view others in a glorious spotlight.  I know that the struggles/weaknesses I see in others are exact mirror images of myself.  On the flip side of the view is their strengths/accomplishments also mirror what I also am capable of.  We arrive without a mirror to view ourselves but we see ourselves in others.  Whatever we are attracted to, or put off by,  is ourselves.  Our lack and our abundance...it's there for us to see.

We need never feel envious, inadequate, or less when we remind ourselves there is enough pie for all to have a slice.  No one will be left out.  Not even you nor me.

The blessing Sunday, by Terry, brought peace to me, when it was mentioned that this is a new phase of my life.  I really thought about that.  Nothing ever stays the same.  In our Church life we always serve but we do go through phases of service and sometimes spend lots of time in what I now call my YW Years or Seminary Years.  I personally never went through any Primary Years but there are those that do that and RS Years were not in my experience either.  I've had incredible excitement and fun and fulfillment and spiritual expereinces from my Church callings.

Melissa sat behind me at Sacrament.  Her beautiful daughter is the exact age when I first met Melissa.  A freshman in high school.  I was Melissa's Seminary teacher and just as right now, it was the Book of Mormon.  In many ways I see 9th grader Melissa in 9th grader Maci.  Melissa is now a devoted Mother to 5 children, marvelous homemaker, super energetic, refuses to be defeated in anything, devoted wife and I could go on and on.  and on!

We talked about the passage of time and how these patterns repeat themselves as a new Seminary year starts with a new Seminary teacher and the first time for many students to study the Book of Mormon.

Perhaps I just want to reminisce and enjoy the past?  Church life is not that way.  It takes all of us pulling our load and I have my share also.  The home Ward RS Counselor asked again if I could teach and again, I'll be gone.  At Church but another Ward for RS.  I would love nothing more than to teach RS or Gospel Doctrine or etc. etc.  Any class!!!

So up out of the pity puddle, for which there is absolutely no reason to wish for anything different in Church service, and just get busy on Women's Conference.  

I enjoy meeting the other women throughout the Stake and being with them.  I think that month off with family just got me a bit on the lazy side and I'd enjoy dawdling and doodling with my Ward home folks!!! 

This hangs on my sisters fridge

With thoughtless and impatient hands
We tangle up the plans
The Lord hath wrought.
And when we cry in pain He saith,
"Be quiet, man, while I untie the knot."


Love and goodness to each of you.

No comments: