Friday, June 28, 2013

Peace within. don't we all want that?

Thanks, Ami, for your comment on yesterday's post! I enjoyed it so much!  You are on track and that is terrific!  It's a tough situation for all of us to deal with and ignoring what is thrown in our face is not very smart!  Thanks again!....

"Thank you for that wonderful scripture at the end. I was teary reading it because it helped me focus on what I want my kids to believe and feel rather than on what is changing in the world. I know in the end they will decide for themselves but I am encouraged when my 13 says he wants to study his seminary lessons during the summer! One thing that encourages me is to watch the strong spirits of my children and how they are able to separate the teachings of the gospel from the ways of the world. As you so nicely put, being in the world and not of it, is the goal. I also have to say STRONGLY that I am not a bigot or teaching my children to hate others who do not believe the same as they do. There is a difference in loving others and supporting them with votes and accolades. Thank you for speaking your mind, helping me to make sense of what my role is as a mother, and encouraging me to continue to teach love, peace, and faithfulness to my children.  Ami"

After I posted it, I did wonder about it.  Would it be received in the light I meant it or not?  It is how I feel and I think, we each need to examine how we feel, in light of the happenings and decide --am I going to forever be debating/arguing/endlessly talking about the same subject??? OR am I going to look within myself, weigh out what is going on worldly-wise against last day prophecies, make peace and move ahead???

I'm in the Church for religion.  I'm in the Church because I love the doctrine in so many ways.  I am excited about the possibilities of the Holy Ghost as a constant companion for guidance and direction.  Spiritual experiences buoy me.  Priesthood!...right here on earth.  The Temple and the blessings from that and other acts of obedience that only bring me joy when accomplished are wonderful!  I can't make a short list of why I enjoy my Church membership.

 I seek peace in a world of chaos. 

I don't want to debate and argue and put down others.  I want peace.  The Gospel, according to the Savior promises peace, and I want that.  I want that for me and for everyone else.  Isn't that the message of hope we present to investigators?

I don't want to get sidetracked with causes/rallies/petitions.  At the same time I don't want to be an ostrich and ignore the events surrounding my life-- choices being legalized at the insistence and demands of others.  Choices that to me are deal breakers and not a part of the laws of the God that I choose to worship.  

I want to weigh the words of the strident pleadings/incessant demands, against the teachings of the Savior coupled with Latter-day Prophets.

and then I just want to live the Gospel and enjoy it's fruits. 

Others will choose to live their life different than mine and they will valiantly fight for their cause.  I love the respect afforded them, and us also, in our 11th Article of Faith...

 11 We claim the aprivilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the bdictates of our own cconscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them dworship how, where, or what they may.
 *******************************************************
 Perhaps you saw this article in May.  I made bold the part that really jumped out at me.  (read about talk here )

There are physical and spiritual dangers for Latter-day Saints and their loved ones, President Henry B. Eyring said during Women’s Conference at BYU May 3, 2013.
“[That] has been true for most of the world’s history from the Fall of Adam and Eve and their journey out of the Garden of Eden,” said the First Counselor in the First Presidency. “We will need divine protection in our journey through this last dispensation as it moves toward its climactic end.”
 *****************************************
John 14:27 aPeace I leave with you, my bpeace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be ctroubled, neither let it be afraid.

No comments: