Tuesday, June 18, 2013

No Cartwheels from me!!!!

This just stuns me.  Stuns me that active Mormons would support this.  March.  Organize. Get on the bandwagon...do they know what wagon they are on?  It seems to me it's a fine line in having unconditional love for gays and yet not supporting the cause of marriage for gays.

Mormons marching in a parade standing up for Marriage for All?  I'm a Bible believer and even without the Church in my life, I would not be for gay marriage.

The first picture is the recent parade in SLC, held last Fast Sunday.  

A part of the press coverage read....
 The group received a wide showing of community support during last year's parade. Because of the positive feedback, Erika Munson, one of the group organizers, said more people marched with Mormons Building Bridges this year.
"I think a lot of Mormons want to do the right thing but are scared about it, understandably," Munson said. "The LGBT and the (LDS Church) have been at odds for decades. But I think when they saw the incredible outpouring of love and gratitude we got from the crowd last year, they felt like, 'Hey, maybe I can do this step.' And they're coming to march, and they're starting dialogues in their wards and their stakes, and it's a good thing."
 "I think a lot of Mormons want to do the right thing"... Yes I am a Mormon and yes I want to do the right thing.  Marching while holding up a sign that declares--Jesus said love everyone--in a parade that the lead banner reads Mormons for Marriage Equality, in my feeble old mind is contradictory.
"and it's a good thing"...No.  in my book it is not a good thing to march.  and No also to me starting a dialogue in my Ward and Stake and volunteering to head up such an event.
No.  I will not stand by the road and applaud those that march by supporting all that my religion simply does not embrace. 
I have a simple faith in the Bible and also, so very important to me in dealing with today's modern world, I totally believe in living Prophets.  That is not a part of our Church teachings to support Homosexual marriages.   
I can have a non-judgement attitude, bordering on my ever seeking quest to have unconditional love for all, but I don't judge the choice of behavior and yet I acknowledge/accept it as sin.  That will be between them and the Lord.  I don't have to show my love by marching for something that I absolutely do not support. 
Love the sinner.  Hate the sin.
I wonder if that comes across the way I feel?
I'm a believer in the Family Proclamation in what constitutes marriage.  
These LDS parades are popping up all over it seems and the 2nd picture is last week in Portland (I think).  I was looking at some pictures on one of the Mormon sites and it seemed to me that Mormons had marched in 27 places throughout the world.  Can't remember #.  Mormons Building Bridges.  Mormons for Equality. Mormon Pride.   How many more groups are out there?  One article said a parade was being planned in Provo for the fall.  Wow!  wonder if that is true?
I think we each need to make sure we know the cause of parades we choose to march in.  I mean the root cause.  I won't be doing any baton twirling or wearing majorette boots or flicking a rainbow flag around or beating on a drum while trying to wave pompoms, in support of Gay marriage and naively thinking the gathering of fellow saints is just to show I love everyone! 
I best get off my soapbox for now but I will be back because there are some things in the world bothering me.  and this is one!


Mormons Building Bridges march in the Pride Parade on Sunday, June 2, 2013, in Salt Lake City. (Scott G Winterton, Deseret News)
Photo: Soo many awesome photos from our marches in Washington, D.C. on June 8, Boise on June 15, and Portland on June 16.  Here's one.  Are we marching in your city's Pride festival?  www.mormonpride.org If not, you might want to help organize one!

No comments: