Thursday, June 20, 2013

Memory Lane....

Such a great time trying to categorize these pictures!  Such fun! 

When it was announced that we would get our new Church building I decided to endeavor to keep progress documented for the future.  Amazingly for me to think about, I actually did a fairly decent job.  Decent amount of pictures might be a better way of saying it.  You know I have teeny camera and I like raw shots with no photoshop enhancements.  (I love saying that as anyone who knows me knows I have no clue on photography beyond point and shoot.  But I do like just amateur homespun pictures.  I'm off subject!) Maybe someday the pictures can be compiled in order, pretty music in the background and become one of those building-grow as you watch films!!  I now have most of them in one file.  or is it called a folder?  whatever it is...I have pictures.  A good size assortment. 

As I looked at them I remember so much.  Hearing the first trucks come in, grabbing my little camera, and heading down to the lot- to record their arrival.  Up to that point I'd become jaded and would believe it when I saw it as it had been off and on, broken deadlines, cancellations etc.  They arrived on the day of the groundbreaking!

I remember when the December storm came with snow and freezing winds.  They put plastic all over the front and heaters- as they had been laying bricks.  It looked all cozy and bubble warm.  Then the wind howled and ripped it down.

I tried not to show a hundred or so shots but I just have to share a couple.  You probably have pictures of the same thing so this will bring memories back to you also.  (When I put big pictures like this on does it do something wrong and you can't see it or the likes?  They just needed to be big or so I thought.  Let me know if it's a goof-up.  okay?)

We are the most blessed of members with a beautiful Church building and a nearby Temple that is like an encrusted jewel box with such exquisite detail.  I never thought I'd have such beautiful buildings for worship- to enhance my Gospel feelings.  I do and I'm grateful for both edifices!!  I know.  I know.  There are people who worship under trees etc.  I'm just saying I'm so appreciative that my life has such beauty in it and I love having a Church in my own town!  Yes. Yes.  I'd do a tree if needs be but I'm just saying, I'm deeply thankful for these two buildings and I enjoy them and appreciate them!

Enjoy a stroll down memory lane!!!...
Bubble wrap to protect against freezing weather!


The wind storm made short work of that plan!


See work being done on pavilion area?


work on pavilion area!




Probably my favorite shot.  looking into Chapel area from Carlsonia St.  I sit in there almost every Sunday!


I like how you can see through the building in Chapel area and arched entry.

baptismal font.  well, it will end up one!!  Blue tile.  like water!



No comments: