Tuesday, January 29, 2013

This is my life right now.

Dad had another great day! He admittedly is weak and lacks some strength but he's trying so hard and has moved ahead to the point that he is going to come home on FRIDAY!!! Tonight he talked about having friends come see him in the evening. Of course he starts to feel that way 2 days before he comes home! It was good to know he has that desire even though the days wear him out. They said he will have to continue home therapy in order to have more recovery. He's ready to do that. He will follow the rehabs plan of a walk and light therapy on Sat. and no therapy on Sunday. That will give him time to catch his breath. Because he came in on a Tuesday he's only had Sunday off. They have to document 5 days a week of therapy and all the details of the 3 hours spent per patient. I never really understood the importance of PT and OT before. Guess I never really understood the brain! Those workers are my favorite people. They do incredible things.
I miss Dad so much and will be glad when he is home. I'm with him during the day but it's still hard to leave. We are used to being around each other day & night. There are a lot of unknowns with him coming home. Uncrossed bridges. A lot of people have wanted to help but with Dad going through his battle and me not here at the house we didn't really need anything but this may be a different story and we may take them up on their offers although I still don't know what we need!
Thank you for every single prayer, love note, pictures and good thoughts.
My heart is so tender towards Dad. He looked so innocent and pure to me tonight. It's 11:30. I'm rambling.
Love,
Mother
PS- Dad is not eating any desserts. The last thing he ate was chocolate cake. Says he will never eat cakes, pies, cookies, candies etc.

No comments: