Thursday, January 31, 2013

I is for Independent!

Good morning!  Yesterday was one of the happiest days ever!  They marked his schedule board with I's.  I for independent!  He is free to walk anywhere, indoors or outdoors, on his own!  No one needs to be with him!  Just his cane!

I was so happy for that freedom--for both of us--that it wiped me out!  I was so tired that I came home and took a long nap.  I had realized the last couple of days that I'd been thinking/wondering how were we going to accomplish what needed to be done and regular life at the same time, when he comes home.  I had no idea how deep that concern was until I heard the news that he won't be restricted because of waiting for someone to be next to him.... if he wants to do something, like go to his garage which he's always puttering around in, or go for a short walk, or sit on porch, or walk around at Church, or any of those other little jaunts considered normal.  We have been blessed beyond measure in this entire trial.

I continue to feel at peace but I never know exactly what comes with that peace package.  I knew we'd make it together but I still didn't know what the future held.  And in a way I still don't but I do know he has been blessed beyond measure in his recovery and we are thankful to our innermost selves.  Soul-deep.

We have experienced the miraculous power of Priesthood blessings, results of united prayer from family, friends and strangers that care and also pray.

As we experience the challenges/trials/adversities of life, and live that visible physical life, there is also an inner spiritual life going on.  That physical life is filled with data, drugs, therapy and etc.  At the same time the spirit is speaking and is calming, peaceful & hopeful. I've had several wonderful times of being sustained by the Spirit. I look forward to sharing those happenings with you, that are etched in my heart, when life settles just a bit more.

He is coming home tomorrow!!!!  We are both so excited!! 

No comments: