Thursday, January 31, 2013

Last night at rehab!!!

Beautiful freedom.  Independence.  Whiteboard gift.  Magic of magic marker!
Tomorrow is the big day.  We are both so excited and happy.  He misses his chair and his bed. We miss being together.  We will lounge around and start his home therapy on Monday.  Not therapists coming to home but the two of us doing therapy in our home.  And walking.  Lots of walking.  Good wholesome food etc. etc.
***********************************

Today I was reminded of how wonderful the Holy Ghost is.  I was getting ready to go to the Rehab and suddenly the thought popped into my mind... Zaycon fish is today. I hadn't given it a thought that early December I'd ordered salmon and cod that would be delivered on Jan. 31st.  Today!  I couldn't remember the delivery time and thought I'd missed it but I hadn't.  It was in the evening.  Heading up to see Terry, I took my receipt and had my GPS,  as I couldn't place where the delivery spot was.  they would be there for pick-ups one hour.  Only one. 

I left Terry, and he gave me directions to get to street.  I went to car to set my GPS and couldn't figure out a part of it.  I decided to just follow Terry's direction but I turned the wrong way and ended up on the freeway and time was running out.  I was breaking into a sweat as this was not a little package of frozen fish.  It was a big package!! Actually 2 packages!!

I was praying that I'd not be late and that I'd find the delivery place as I had no clue where it was.  Suddenly the thought popped into my mind....It's behind the Stake Center.  And there it was!  Tucked away behind the Stake Center.  The truck was waiting for me.  I so appreciated that man. 

The Holy Ghost is so kind in bringing things to our remembrance.  I felt so unworthy of such kind help but I still recognized where it came from and it was so appreciated.  

Later I remembered that Shannon had told me where that place was and also some of the Wards in our Stake took some meals for the homeless and I think that was the place I wrote them to go to but at the moment when I desperately needed that fact, I drew a blank.. 

To much going on and my single-minded Stroke focus and rushing and panic feelings worked against me remembering details but the Holy Ghost gently spoke twice and helped me.  My life is blessed with/by this Gift.  Lots of gratitude going on in my heart. 

*****************************************

Therapy!! 

No comments: