Monday, December 31, 2012

Mulling it over...still!

I have had this same list for several years.  This year I'm looking at it and any item on here that I know is in my mind, that pops up in my thoughts as to how I will handle life situations....I'm going to give it Emeritus status.  It will still be the core of my personal actions but I'm going to shift focus and add some new things.

here is what I've had for a long time and I've loved the challenge of improving my behavior and thoughts with this list as a mental guide.

My current Creed before revision....

1) Refuse to be offended

2) Trust but verify  (thanks, President Reagan, for that one!)

3) Forgive everyone everything

4)Even the thinnest of pancakes has 2 sides

5)Let go and let God  (isn't thanks due to AA on this one?)

6)Don't want more for people than they want for themselves

7)When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
         (thank you...Thomas Jefferson)

8)The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and 
   expecting different results.  (thank you...Albert Einstein)

9) Love unconditionally

10) Pray unceasingly

11) Keep all confidences

I just saw this....top 10 New Year "Resolutions"--http://www.statisticbrain.com/new-years-resolution-statistics/

None of that is about my creed.  My creed follows along the lines of President Smith's desire.... The 1932 article says in part:
...This creed was a self-written guideline to measure his desires and conduct, and the reason for the conduct, by which he wanted to guide his life.   

Maybe they are resolutions but not in my mind.  Being resolute for changing  and improving but endeavoring to incorporate certain attitudes, sounds more creed-like. 

The more I look at what I've worked on in my top 11, for quite some time, the more I think that some of these things are definitely in the core of my thoughts and come unbidden with certain situations arise.

I'm going to have to think some more.  (Heather, I definitely will do it!!!)

It's not quite the first of January so I still have some mulling over time to use!

*******************************************************************
Sunday was special with the last of the little ones coming to visit and see the village houses.  3 young sisters.  Thanks for coming over MaryLynne and Angela.  These girls absolutely loved the Nativities as did all the other young visitors.  To me it was a joy to see them be so happy to see Baby Jesus.  They actually smiled and enjoyed playing with them so much.  IF I had it to do over, I'd buy some sort of a Nativity set and I'd use it all year to teach my children about the gospel.  I can see how you can explain everything and keep Christ as the center etc. etc.  I'd make it special and not just have it in the toy box but have it accessible and they could ask to play with it or something.  Angela said that the nesting Nativity picture that I sent did not do justice to how it really looked.

I'm not going to win awards for these pictures but I do like pictures from the back but these are not the way to do them!!!


sweet Truman sisters!!!

look how happy she is to see baby Jesus!

Shannon!!  Next year!!  At least Brooklyn got over here!

*******************************************************

I have so many things on my mind to share this week and I will do it right after I finish my Creed....
CT devastation...the pants issue (yes, I'm still thinking of it!)......movie ratings...a conversation I had Sunday with a young man that is gay.  Lots to share on all subjects!  One per day!!

No comments: