Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Big Day


That was quite the timeout!!  I am not sure what I did as far as pushing buttons but I do know for sure that I totally fouled things up!  At least I can now get on my blog and post!  I really missed being able to be in touch.

So things just purred along with Terry in high gear on his determined goal to put the little houses out and the doodads of people in action and the garlands out front.

Houses by the dozens!!

figuring out his design (which side of tree will he put them?)

We have so much stuff!!  I asked Terry if we needed an intervention or to be committed??!!!


                         Things were looking pretty great for Sunday when we watched the Devotional.


 
                          lit up and lovely and done!!!


all sorts of figurines



even sledders



garland above the couch/a bit of the porch tree and garland.

 Time to focus on Christmas as we are decorated and ready!
We are ready for the little ones to come visit.  It will be a happy time for all of us!
 *****************************************************************

Today is my big day for the oral surgeon!  It will be a long day!!  Not making me feel all excited!!  If  I'm not here for a couple of days then understand that I'm in bed!!  When I get sick or any such thing, I head to the bed.  The door is closed.  and I just crash and snooze and heal.  I have all the juices and soup etc. that I need.  Terry is ready to take care of details and if need be, our son will help also. 

What I would appreciate from you are prayers that I'll be brave.  Terry reminds me that having some teeth extracted is not an earth shaking/first time scientific experiment!  How dare he minimize the procedure and make it sound so normal and routine!!!  As if it's done everyday to lots of people!! 

Attempting to calm myself and increase faith, as 2 of the teeth are broken off  below the gum line, and yes, I know I will be asleep but it's still unnerving. I decided to read the Psalms and see what would touch me and give me hope.  I was barely started and when I got to Psalm 3 and read about the Lord being a shield and the Lord heard his prayers.  And then he laid down and slept and then when he awakened the Lord sustained him and he would not be afraid of any amount of people that were against him.  I was feeling strengthened at the power of the Lord.

Then he talked about how the Lord had smitten the cheeks of his enemies and then!  .... surely not.  my eyes deceive me?! but there it is in black and white.  vs 7.  not only did they get the cheek smack but  ...thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly. What!!!  I'm praying for help, for courage, with this mouth mess, seeking solace from the all time comfort scriptures- The Psalms-  and I get that right out of the chute?

I stopped the straight read through and flipped over to the 23rd Psalm.  So peaceful.  So hope-filled.

I read the verses, throughout the Psalms, that I'd previously marked in red and felt good. 







No comments: