Thursday, December 13, 2012

Knicker Knots!!!

Well, if this doesn't beat all I've ever heard of!!!!  GOOD GRIEF!!!  I'm so hyped up over that I need to settle down.  So some totally active LDS females with a testimony, a testimony of everything that I have a testimony of, are proudly labeling themselves feminists and their voice will be heard about the inequities of the Gospel as far as men/women and equality etc.  They want the women of the Church to wear pants to Church this coming Sunday!!!  My mind is so full of so many thoughts (not necessarily pleasant thoughts!!) and it irritates me that I'm allowing this to seep in on my Christmas glow, good thoughts, great friends, family and all those good things.

I guess this made the paper Tuesday while I was at a RS Christmas party that was combined with 2 Wards. I wore a dress.  I did it because the Stake RSP requested that her counselors, and me, the Sec. wear dresses whenever we attend Ward events.  It's her turn up to bat and I support her.  The next President may make a change.  I don't  know.  This has nothing to do with Sacrament meeting.  Just a comment.

Every event I've ever attended has a dress code of some sort.  Country Clubs.  Restaurants.  Sporting events.  Opera.  Some theater.  Awards ceremonies. I recently looked at the National Dog show because I find it interesting that women run around a ring, with a dog on a leash, wearing a dress.  Pants do seem more appropriate and practical in this venue.  But Church????

The most oft asked question before attending anything is ....What are you wearing or what is the dress for it or what is appropriate?   We want to show respect to whatever we are involved in.

I'll tell you for certain...
I WILL NOT BE WEARING PANTS TO CHURCH THIS SUNDAY.   I REPEAT...NO SLACKS ON SUNDAY FOR ME!!

My thoughts are just so irritated about this.

Two days ago I had a conversation with someone about gays.  We talked briefly about the new website for Homosexuals.   I said I had problems with the fact they have a testimony of the Church and then they want it amended and changed and add new things, major things, like being sealed in the Temple.  I said...I joined the Church and I embraced and enjoyed it as is.  I love my religion.  Just as it is. I support change by the authorities but not by groups protesting.  I like things as they are.  They are trying to change what I originally joined, to something else.  They need to form their own Church!!!  do with it whatever they want.  build their own Temple.  Just leave me alone.  I want what I originally bought into!!  I support their right to organize and do as they please.  remember that great 11th Article of Faith.  I'm a total believer in that!!  100%

I know I am inviting criticism when I say this pants wearing protest reminds me of the Gay protest.  Hey!!!  Form your own feminist LDS Church.  do what you please.  wear what you want.  Don't try and push it on me.

I have worn dresses to Church my whole life.  Long before I was LDS!  It was a very important part of my Sunday worship growing up.  I had a Sunday dress that was beautiful and black patent shoes and they were used exclusively for Sunday or a dressy birthday party or another event where the invitation read....Sunday dress.

I loved getting dressed for Sunday when I was a girl and on to an adult.  It made the day so special.  I love to go to church and see all of my friends looking so put together.  They look lovely and feminine and so respectful of the Lord.  My take on it.  It enhances spirituality in my book.

Listen I'm just so wound up and trying not to be soap boxing but I'm veering there.

I do not need to wear a pair of pants to Church to feel my worth as a Daughter of God.  I understand these roles.  I don't want the Priesthood except in my life as an assist in mortality.  I'm as capable as any male and in many ways, because of my femaleness and my influence on family which is essential for the human race, I at times am superior.  Not saying that uppity but sometimes our women's intuition just kicks in and saves the day. we are amazing creatures!  I am glad to be blessed by the Priesthood but I'm fine with the division of labor in the Gospel plan as far as responsibilities!!!

What a bunch of bunk this Pants Wearing Sunday is!!!  What a lame mode of protest!  I hope women boycott the whole shebang!!  And in Utah!!!  If that doesn't beat all!!  

I better go before this page suddenly explodes and sears my eyes.

And it's Christmas time!!  these loudly proclaiming LDS feminists get my Bah-Humbug Award!!!

Dare I post this???  you know I will!!!

Sunday---I'm wearing my bright red jacket, black dress, and a big rhinestone pin and earrings and I'm painting my nails red and I'm wearing a red ring from Hawaii.  Friends will go...she wears that all the time anyway so what is the big deal!!!???   It's Church!!!!  Wear a dress!!!  

I can't seem to wind down.  I'm ranting and nearly hyperventilating but this just takes the cake doesn't it??!!
Okay!  THE END!   OVER!   DONE!   CEASE & DESIST!!!


LDS women urged to wear pants to protest gender inequality

No comments: