Saturday, December 29, 2012

Creed time is here!

Years ago I enjoyed learning that President George Albert Smith had a personal creed that he lived by.  I was fascinated and wanted one also!

This year the one thing I want to add to my old list is....

"heed the Spirit"

I really don't always act when prompted.  More than I care to admit... I delay at times...I  procrastinate sometimes...I try and rationalize the thought to action--To move it outside the realm of my doing. I see missed opportunities.

Actually I'm going to retire #8 on my personal creed list and put "heed the Spirit" in it's place.  I really know #8 by heart.  I use it all the time and it is a part of my thinking.

In thinking some more about it....I'm going to retire #5 also as that is a natural part of my thinking.

Actually I'm going to check it over carefully and see if there are any that I honestly feel are embedded in my mind, deep enough, that they pop into my thoughts when needed.  I'm going to set those aside as  Emeritus Status!

Do you have a creed?  I was so happy when President Smith's creed was in our RS manual this past year and we got to study it a bit.  I will share my final list after a careful reading and consideration.  And hopefully be able to feel that I can move ahead after years of the same list and put on something new!!!

read President Smith's Creed List and my Creed List and a list to consider choosing from, if you are trying to figure out a personal creed list, tailored just for you....here

No comments: