Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Video watching....

We listen to LOTS of Christmas music!  I mean real Christmas music with lyrics that would be banned in public school.  Familiar Christmas Hymns and songs we sang in school choirs as kids and sentimental tunes like....I'm dreaming of a White Christmas and I'll be Home for Christmas and  Blue Christmas and Chestnuts roasting on an open fire .....all sorts of things that are great listening.

****************************************************************

              This is a classic favorite!  Hilarious!!

*****************************************************************************



There are several versions of this and we enjoy them all.  We didn't watch as many this year as we couldn't find our small collection.  The one above we watched and is a favorite.  Wonderful!   I'd say our most favorite of all is this 1938 version....



****************************************************************************
This year for some reason, unbeknownst to me, I just couldn't get enough of The Nutcracker.  I watched all of these.  I.  Singular. Alone.  Terry can't bear the sight of the costume budget cut, or whatever, that renders the men running around and leaping in tights.  He did endure it once, maybe twice, and vowed to never again put himself through such embarrassment.  Either I have no scruples or I elevate my vision and focus on the overall stage and just love the entire production.

I really enjoyed viewing the San Francisco production. It was a new 2012 ballet.  I'm missing one picture and not sure which, as I saw 5.






Tchaikovsky: The Nutcracker

Tchaikovsky: Nutcracker - San Francisco Ballet

After I watched 4, and thinking the party is over, I had the wonderful luck of finding one more!!

 This has got to be the most amazing version I've ever seen!!  It's totally different and just mesmerizing!  Fascinating!  My own copy is on the way to my mailbox!!  So the San Francisco Ballet was my favorite traditional one but the one below touched my heart and even brought me to tears.

Terry laughed when I said that I'd find someone, or a few somebodies, that would like to watch any or all of these next year.  or maybe during the year?!!!   Let me know!!!

Bravo!!  Bravo!!








No comments: