Monday, October 15, 2012

Miracles

October around here is super busy in our Stake....General Conference followed by Stake Conference followed by Stake Auxiliary Leadership Meeting and then Stake Woman's Conference.  And then we have a Ward Harvest Fair dinner!!  I really enjoy all of the happenings.  A chance to see so many and learn so much and feel the Spirit.

When I heard  Elder Nash speak at Sunday afternoon General Conference (By Faith All Things are Fulfilled) and related this miracle of 1856, I thought of a miracle in our Ward in 2007.  Just one month shy of a year ago I blogged about it but it is just as clear in my mind today as it was 5 years ago when it happened.

 Enjoy this excerpt from his talk and then go below to read of a modern day happening that matches this one.

The life of Ann Rowley, a pioneer woman in the early days of the Church, demonstrates how exercising faith impacts our lives for good. A widow from England, Sister Rowley exercised her faith to answer the prophet’s call to gather to Zion. She was a member of the Willie handcart company, which encountered deep snowdrifts along the trail in the fall of 1856. They had reached a point in the trek where her seven children were literally starving. She wrote: “It hurt me to see my children go hungry. … Night was coming and there was no food for the evening meal. I asked God’s help as I always did. I got on my knees, remembering two hard sea biscuits that … had been left over from the sea voyage. They were not large, and were so hard they couldn’t be broken. Surely, that was not enough to feed 8 people, but 5 loaves and 2 fishes were not enough to feed 5,000 people either, but through a miracle, Jesus had done it. So, with God’s help, nothing is impossible. I found the biscuits and put them in a dutch oven and covered them with water and asked for God’s blessing. Then I put the lid on the pan and set it on the coals. When I took off the lid a little later, I found the pan filled with food. I kneeled with my family and thanked God for his goodness. That night my family had sufficient food.”

http://acandlestick.blogspot.com/2011/11/pan-of-ham.html  

general-conference/2012/10/by-faith-all-things-are-fulfilled?lang=eng  

No comments: