Sunday, October 7, 2012

Our Food Fest

So all of that talk about planning the food etc. and all that excitement etc. and Terry decides that he likes his idea better than mine!  I still liked my plan best but the reality is he really wanted to cook.  So....what's a girl to do?  Let him cook for a couple of days!!!?  Of course!  He already washes all the dishes AND puts them away (remember my New Years Eve gift from him????  He's still doing it!  Yes!!  whoever said Retirement is a tough adjustment???) Have at it, my sweet man!!

He decides to make Food Network Bobby Flay Spaghetti and Meatballs  (after the fact.  He says he is not going to use that recipe again.  I'm glad!)  He made so many meata ballza on Friday that we have a cookie sheet filled in the freezer plus he had so much sauce and MB's for Saturday that it required a pound of spaghetti! 

He also figured he'd Traegher a chicken.  a whole chicken!  I reminded him that it's 2 days and 2 people which did not seem to phase him.  He ended up just roasting it in the oven for Sunday.

Also decided to make biscuits to go with the bird.  Does anyone else make biscuits with an electric mixer?  His own idea. 

So we now have lots of food frozen for future use.

He took notes at Priesthood meeting and shared when he got home. 

We loved every minute of Conference!!!!!  Even if occasionally someone, sitting next to me, grabbed a couple of winks!!    We go all out for Conference absorption!!  General Conference should be a national holiday of religious celebration!!  A celebration of The Restoration!! We plan and enjoy and celebrate. 

Pictures to illustrate the above!!!  Note his food service gloves while making the baseball size meatballs.  Exaggeration but really they were very big.  Our daughter said that she bets somewhere in Italy they make 3" meatballs.

I love this man!!!

Friday - Mr. Meat Ball Maker


Sharing Priesthood Notes

Ooopsie!  (Peanut Butter?)

Why not beat the biscuits?

See?  Pie-crust Biscuits


My favorite gift ever!!!  My own dishwasher!  Him, I mean!

Don't some folks take classes this way?  Letting it penetrate deep???



No comments: