Thursday, October 4, 2012

Self-indulgent. very much so!!!

Just can't stop myself from being all sentimental, sort of soppy some might say, but in the world of so many broken homes and dissolved marriages, and divorces (and our family has suffered through that pain), it's just wonderful to celebrate a child's stick-to-it-ness in their marriage!  To have someone batten down the hatches, determine to stay the course, courageously battle occasional white water and always come out on top...smiling and in love!!  Still!  That is FANTASTIC!!!!!  Incredible!!!

My beautiful daughter has blessed my life since the day she was born.  To this day that continues.  She was born a peacemaker and she loves everyone unconditionally.  She has been a joy for our family and her brothers families and all of her friends. 

Enjoy my self-indulgence of posting her pictures and some of her story (in her own words) without even asking if she minds!!




Today we will be married 20 years! Yaouza. We met while working on a cruise ship as the Staff Captain and Hostess. 


You might say we are opposites... he's structured and practical, I fly by the seat of my pants, he see's things in black and white, I see a lot in gray, he's organizes, me, nope, he's very frugal, I like to enjoy the fruits of your labor, he's a morning person, I'm not, he thinks in the box, I think out of it, he's pretty serious, I laugh... a lot... but opposites attract and we have made it work. We enjoy each others strengths and talents, support each other and have each others backs. We are like two faithful loyal dogs. He is my rock and comfort and I'm so grateful that we stuck with it. I love you Honey! I would do it again with you xoxoxo


We were married in Washington State, all of the leaves were changing, stunning. We had a small intimate outdoor wedding with 12 family members, one dozen roses and a small carrot cake. We chose to spend the money on a wicked 3 week honeymoon in Tahiti.

(Four years later she looked like this.....)
(Here's the reward of all that hard work and months of bed rest.....I took this picture.  3 angels!)
 

October 3rd- 20 years for Scott & Jeanee ~~~October 2nd-16 years for Tori & Cassie!!
 
 
Scott surprised me by duplicating the small carrot cake with our tiny cake topper from our wedding day. 
K, that was pretty sweet.

No comments: