Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Party Central!!!

Everything about my birthday was just amazing!!  I heard from just enough people to make it so wonderful.  All of my children checked in one way or another....  Alaskan friends as far back as 7th grade!...  Close-by friends that live here and all in all it was a feel great day!  Two cards are so priceless that I'm figuring out how to frame them!!!  I know, I think I'll put them on the edge of my bathroom mirror.  They are hilarious and just thinking of them makes me laugh!

I opted to start my year of healthy living on the day of my birthday and not later on and was glad I did.  Also feeling that even an old barn looks better with a fresh coat of paint, I've decided to monthly choose one thing, or a little collection of small things, to be consistent in and to improve how I look on the outside on a more regular basis or something to move me along in my health quest!  

Collection One- for May

 I got a new haircut to start that off and am happy with it.  I will swear off attacking my hair with my sewing shears and actually make a timely appointment to keep it decent looking almost all the time.  Try to keep it less unkempt, dragging, hanging, drooping and all that sort of wilderness camping look.

Also at least use mascara every day. Not the full make-up although I should but I know I won't! and I want to set myself up for success here!  

and nail polish, at least for Sunday!  I love nail polish and used to be a fuss-pot about nails done for the Sabbath.  And that was with kids etc.   

Well, if that doesn't beat all I've ever seen!!!  a grown woman having the goal to do her hair, mascara and nail polish??????  Maybe I am grazing!!!!  These goals are sub-basic!!!

One thing I am consistent in and probably there are fashionistas that wish this was off the list but I almost always have a smear of red lipstick across my mouth.  I'm always glad when the reds come back into style as I feel less garish but I do love having ruby lips and that will continue!  (older women are such mules sometimes!!!)

No comments: