Thursday, May 10, 2012

Life With Superman!!

When a person takes on a serious effort to eat in a way, that is not the norm around the household, it impacts others in a big way.  Truly....Hubby goes up for Sainthood award!  Remember he already does all dishes.  All things of all dishes-washing/drying/putting away/wiping counter and stove!  He does it without complaint and says it's not a big deal!!  (okay.  maybe he had a little teeny brain mishap?  I don't know.  I only know dishes are a big deal to me and I've loved every minute since Jan. when he made his announcement/pronouncement).  

Now I tell him about my ~year of health project~ and what I'll be eating and he lets me know that he supports me 100% but he can't eat that sort of yucky stuff.  So what to do?  Solution??  He is cooking for himself and I will cook for me!  Anything I cook that he thinks is not gross and palatable then he will eat and fill in with meat or whatever rolls his, little old men white sweat socks up!!  Isn't he amazing?????  

This is going to be a very interesting year around here!!  My blog will not become a constant rambling about the merits of spinach/kale shakes with frozen fruit and soy milk or a rant on meat being for cavemen and everyone needs to go veggies or go home.  Maybe just a monthly check-in UNLESS I actually shed weight and am super excited.  When a heavy loses it's like unrolling saran wrap and it takes forever to show up body-wise that anything is gone.  Like a wad of fat!   

Terry and I were talking and I told him how awesome he is about his support of my eating program, and the dishes also, and how amazing it is, that he would do all of this, to help me.  He told me he loves me and would help me anyway he can and he said he felt like Ebeneezer Scrooge from A Christmas Carol, when he said...."....I am not the man I was....".

I quite adore this man!  If I could clone him there would be a waiting line.  Of that I have no doubt!  

No comments: