Thursday, May 3, 2012

Getting ready for the party!!!!

There is to much of me!  I'm to big!  Yesterday Terry took exception with my blog post when I said I was "still battling the food".  To him that statement means eating habits like folks on The Biggest Loser type shows.  He didn't like me saying that and told me...You don't overeat etc. etc.  Truly, is he to die for or what?  Sigh.  Blinded by love...that must be his problem.  Lucky me.

Regardless of my Romeo, that perhaps sees me as willowy wisp of a Juliet (in his dreams!) I am, stage opera star with the horned helmet, size.  Now he is Norwegian so maybe that get-up is appealing.

He is right that I don't do  regular drive-byes through the drive-ins or indulge in consuming quarts of ice-cream or drink pop except for a 1/2 root-beer at a movie.  Okay.  A root-beer at Dad's if I get a hamburger.  oh, and fries there also.  But I don't do that very often. Yes, I have a sweet tooth but nothing that I sip siphoned chocolate from a fanny pack or wallow in eclairs or buy boxes of chocolates and eat them.  Uh-oh...a fib.  I used to do that sometimes on the chocolates.

My diet history is checkered with indulging in every diet in the Universe.  Spending hundreds of dollars that total easily into a few thousand.  I paid a lot of money/sweat/tears to put on extra pounds.  If I made a list of all the programs I've been on you'd probably find it hard to believe but that is what happens with us fatties that really jump in (if jumping is a possibility!) to all the brass rings just dangling for our chubby little fingers to grab hold of and give it a whirl.

So for my birthday challenge this year I'm going to work on health and yes, I'm going to do one more program.  I've ordered the book (of course you have to pay some $$ to make it an official program!!).   Now this is a program I've never gone on but I'm going to give it a try.  Eat to Live by Dr. Fuhrman.  Heavies should never tell what they are doing or going to do but I'm putting it out there because it is a truth in my life.  

I know you eat greens, onions, mushrooms, beans/berries, seeds/nuts.  I don't even know about meat/wheat etc.  but I'm going to try it.  I read about Kale, cooked it tonight and Terry, Mr. Tactful King, took a bite and said that it was the most horrible bitter thing he ever ate and spit it in the sink (vikings are such barbarians!!).  Took one bite, had that violent judgement reaction and refused to eat another bite of it.  He has said that he will try bites of whatever I concoct but he's very resistant to embracing this program so I will do it solo.  

The wonderful thing about a blog is...I can just erase the blog and deny that I ever said I would do any such bizarre thing OR I can just say--this is not going to work for me and I quit right now.  Over and done!!   

This is about my birthday gift challenge and that is what I'm going to do for myself.  to me.  from me.  A food feed plan that may not be pleasant!  Along with 2 other things...Yoga and also--meditation!  PBS pulled me in on a gal named Peggy Cappy.  I waited until the promotion was off and went online, for super reduced prices,  and ordered the tape Yoga for Pain and also a meditation one.  Admittedly--you sit on a chair and do yoga.  We  looked at it and even chair sitting it looked so easy peasy.  We are like 2 stiff pretzels!  Not a pleasant picture at all but Happy Birthday to me anyway!   (yes, he watched it with me and agreed to try it.  at least once!)

Have not listened to the meditation tape yet.  I know it's based on stillness and deep breathing.  Hopefully my Lamaze experience as a coach will help me to excel.  Time will tell.  

So there you go.....2012 Birthday challenges...to me.  from me.  for me.  go me!!!

#2- Eat to Live  program
#3- Yoga (I'm glad they didn't put Yoga for Dummies on the label!!)
#4-  Meditation  

#1?????-my top birthday gift to myself will be told tomorrow!!!

I will officially open all my gifts on Monday and let the party begin!!!!!   Yes!!!

No comments: