Sunday, January 1, 2012

Creed updated for 2012

Happy New Year!!! 2012!!!

I've thought about my Creed for a few weeks, mulling over and deciding if I want to make any changes.  I decided I don't want to drop anything.  I did take the numbers off as one is no more important to me than any other. And I did add the first three listings as new ideals for my personal life.  This is not a goal list or a to do list or a New Years Resolution type thing.  This is not a list of Gospel acts of obedience.

George Albert Smith wrote a creed for himself and ages ago when I heard about that fact-I wanted one too. So I wrote one.  A New Year makes a good time to review and revise.  I'm sure George Albert Smith left his as is each year but I check mine over.   

This is just a list of truths that I want to live by.  It's my way of handling my life and it's many situations. Character traits that I want ingrained in me. 

My sweet husband just said, with a sound of disbelief in his voice...

You aren't going to put that on your blog are you?....

Yes. I am.   

He said...Really?!  what kind of person puts that personal stuff on their blog?...

I said...Me.  

I share myself as I write and this is something that I'm trying to incorporate into my soul.  These are good words that help me to deal with many life complexities.  So welcome to a peek into my private thoughts and desires as I share...
 
My Personal Creed

Express...Thankfulness & Gratitude

Be generous 

Nothing changes if nothing changes 

Refuse to be offended

Trust but verify  (thanks, President Reagan, for that one!)

Forgive everyone everything

Even the thinnest of pancakes has 2 sides

Let go and let God  (isn't thanks due to AA on this one?)

Don't want more for people than they want for themselves

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
         (thank you...Thomas Jefferson)

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and 
   expecting different results.  (thank you...Albert Einstein)

 Love unconditionally

 Pray unceasingly

 Keep all confidences

************************
  (previous blog about creed)
http://acandlestick.blogspot.com/2011/12/creed-checking-time.html

No comments: