Thursday, January 12, 2012

Match Up

Calling the Temple to make an appointment, giving my name and the scheduler said..."excellent patron".  

I said...excuse me.  are you saying something to me?
She said...I said 'excellent patron'.  
I asked...why do you say that?  
She replied...because of the Temple appointments you've made.

I was startled to hear her say that.  I've thought a lot about what she said.  Perhaps Temple Appointments Scheduled paint a story but the true story, the reality, the telling detail is not Temple appointments made but Temple appointments kept.  No computer evidence, of calls of cancellations.  or a no-show with no call at all.  uh, um,....procrastinating.  & letting daily life crowd out the real life of the Gospel and pushing the Temple appointment aside.

That sounded so wonderful. Excellent Patron.  such a nice celestial sound.  a little lustre to my life deeds.  like a declaration of worth... Excellent Patron.

Taint so!  Just being honest.  We do the best we can but I do not feel Excellent Patron is our category.  My heart and behavior is not in that computer data.  I hope that someday the two match up but it's not there at this moment!  I'm grateful for that sister saying what she did, as it's really made me think of the importance of doing the best we can, in Temple attendance, so we are what it appears we are in the data base!! We are good patrons and that gives us lots of growing room to achieve excellent patrons!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Look who is here from Toppenish!!!

No comments: