Monday, January 16, 2012

Two Firsts.

Sunday was a long busy day and I really enjoyed it.  The thing that I'm most excited about in this new Stake calling as RS Secretary, is going to other Wards and meeting new people.  I look forward to visiting their RS meetings and see 10 different groups share their way of doing things.  It's pretty amazing to have such an opportunity.

It was a day of firsts.  Our Ward Conference, and the first one I've missed, and that was sad for me.  I view WC as a time of celebration, summation of a year of Ward activities and I personally love being with everyone and having all the Stake officers/auxiliaries present and then telling us how good we've done!!  I enjoy that!  Goals met and accomplishments noted.  No one gets paid for serving so that little annual gold star of nice comments just feels like a victory!  Who knows...they probably tell everyone the same thing but it's probably true for all of us.  I missed the excitement of WC!

So I just shifted gears and focused on the task at hand in visiting the Spanish Branch in SS.  Another first as we start the round of visiting all 10 units. We started off with an hour long training meeting and then moved on into a regular RS meeting.  It was a wonderful experience to be in the presence of 35 or so beautiful women, using the same manual, hymnal etc.  Even though I don't speak Spanish, I was able to understand what was going on by listening with the Spirit.  

They were all relaxed, warm, friendly and participated in the lesson.  The teacher was so prepared and I enjoyed thinking that they were learning about President George Albert Smith just like every women in the Church.

I look forward to working closely with my counterpart and getting on the computer and sharing things that are available for their RS to keep track of things and to move ahead with their plans of increased activity and especially VT.

The Gospel is just so wonderful and I know it's the restored Church and my life is full and happy because of it!


Want happy?  Tuesday morning (tomorrow!)  Sister Julie Beck will be the speaker at the BYU Devotional.  It will be on KBYU.  I look forward to that!



No comments: