Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Friends

There are days that gratitude just fills my heart and today was one of those days!  I'm thankful for many things, as my life has been blessed, in so many ways.  Today I'm thankful for friends. 

I was visiting with my daughter, who just recently returned from a 3 day reunion with 3 girlfriends.  Friends from 27 years ago!  Annually they make the effort to travel and spend some time together, catching up and having fun talking about their individual lives.  3 of the 4 ended up living in FL and one in NY.  One is an actress and they usually plan their reunion around a show that she is featured in so they can see her performance.  All 4 lead different lives even though they are around the same age and at one time 3 of them worked on a Cruise ship together and that is where they met.  Or maybe all 4 of them did.  Wherever.  They have a long shared history of connectedness.

I thought of my longtime friends and my newly acquired friends and it makes me happy to just think about them.

Aren't friends just wonderful?  Today I was with a friend and we were helping another friend and I just loved that time together.  It was a joyous happy funny time, with the 3 of us, and made me think- my life is filled, to the brim, with wonderful people that enrich my life because they love me, just as I am, and allow me to return that favor to them!

No comments: