Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Learning about the enabling power.

 Tuesday was one of those great days that just feels good.  A friend had a birthday and we happened to have BookClub at her house so that was fun.  She has health issues and I loved hearing the tender concern of the women as they asked her how she is doing and desiring to help her in some way.  

Earlier in the day I witnessed a marvelous friend render service, in an act that went way beyond the ordinary, by doing physical work for someone that really needed help.  To see her cheerfulness and willingness and kindness and gentleness and love,  just melted my heart, and I said a prayer of gratitude for such a fantastic woman that is a dear friend. 

In the midst of the chaos and storms, weather-wise and otherwise,  in the world, I am thankful to feel peace within.  My life is so blessed!  I'm rich with wonderful women friends in my life that do so much to make the world a better place!  be it a single home that needs a scrub-down  or succeeding in the endeavors of their professional careers and always with the Gospel in their lives.  

I continue to work on my quest of understanding personal application of the Atonement and increased tutoring from the Holy Ghost.  Followed by increased obedience from me!  Today I was educated and excited by what I learned from this fantastic talk by Elder Bednar  before he was Elder Bednar.  It is just so enlightening.  I dare to say, there is no way that you will read this and not come out of the task, with knowledge/information that you have not thought of.  It's that monumental!!

It will give you a brand new perspective!  do yourself a huge gigantic favor and read Elder Bednar's speech....about the enabling power of the Atonement.
  
                                     In the Strength of the Lord. 
                                                                      Oct. 23 2001
http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=browse&speaker=&topic=&type=&year=2001&x=14&y=4

No comments: