Friday, December 30, 2011

Some favored posts of the year.....

 The last Friday of 2011!  The end of my first blogging attempts.  I've loved it and am learning and look forward to 2012.  Before 2011 goes to the archive slot, I decided to share a few blogs that people enjoyed and talked to me about.

There were others but in essence of time I chose the following ones that deal with a variety from Pantyhose to Dogs at Sacrament meeting to All having a dream at one point in life to a Modern Day Miracle to 3 Mom's dealing with challenges with such grace to a HP social.  Enjoy!

Thanks so much for being a reader.  It means the world to me!!

love to you from me!


Nancy
________________________________________________________________

 http://acandlestick.blogspot.com/2011/11/proclamation-on-pantyhose-part-1.html
 http://acandlestick.blogspot.com/2011/11/proclamation-on-pantyhose-part-2.html

Well, well, well....would you look at this!  Leave it to the Royals!!  This off the wire.....

Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge and her sister, Pippa, are fans of the nude pantyhose! Thanks to the sisters, sales of the hosiery have spiked nearly 85 percent in England, The Telegraph reports. Buckingham Palace enforces a strict dress code for women—they must wear stockings and closed-toed shoes, and royals like Queen Elizabeth, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie all slip them on when they’re out. The look is also practical, as pantyhose provide extra warmth on chilly nights and a layer of protection against the sun.
_________________________________________________________________________________

 http://acandlestick.blogspot.com/2011/05/speaking-of-westminster-dogs.htm




5/25/11  Speaking of Westminster Dogs  The story of the dog hopping on the sacrament table during the Sacrament hymn was matched or overtaken by this story from Maurine W.   Thanks, Maurine!  I LOVE this!!!

Okay...I'm just going to write it down, I can't wait any longer to tell you the other story. Yes, Bob and I were in attendance when the dog bounced up to the podium and the Bishop as shocked as anyone took a minute to jump up and retrieve him from the sacrament table. That afternoon I called my daughter, Marie, and told her the story. She said, "Oh, Mom, I have one better than that". A few months ago a woman visitor had her seeing eye dog with her. They came in and sat on a back row, she at the end of the row, and the dog sat down beside her in the isle. Well at the intermediate song a member of their ward was singing a solo when the dog decided to sing with her. It set up a howl that shocked everyone, especially the lady with the dog. She said that the lady kept singing, but she was so embarrassed and of course so was the lady with the dog. But, she said it was so hilarious that everyone else had a hard time to not laugh out loud....keeping a straight face was almost impossible. I had to agree, that one trumped our experience here. Before that I had never heard of a dog coming to church and performing as those two did.

Nancy....have a good day. It looks like a beautiful one!!!
________________________________________________________________


http://acandlestick.blogspot.com/2011/06/spot-of-beauty.html

6/16/11  A Spot of Beauty.  I'd had these thoughts in my mind for a long time.  I moved past thinking and actually sharing via a post because of a comment made by a man. Said totally in his innocence, not having had a lot of life experience and truly believing what he said.  It was just a brief sentence and it pierced my heart..."this is a place you want to take your kids as a teaching tool and show them what happens to a person when they don't get an education."  Inside I was so emotional.  Who knows what the education factor was?  Who knows what's happened on his mortal trek?  It was devastating to me.  I lacked courage to tell him how that impacted me and why.  So I tell you!  Fat lot of good that does!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://acandlestick.blogspot.com/2011/05/english-grammar.html
________________________________________________________________________

 http://acandlestick.blogspot.com/2011/11/pan-of-ham.html
___________________________________________________________________

http://acandlestick.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-her-heart-part-1.html

http://acandlestick.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-their-hearts-part-2.html
 _______________________________________________________________

http://acandlestick.blogspot.com/2011/08/pride-to-be-proud-of.html

No comments: