Monday, December 26, 2011

What a great meeting!!!!

The entire month of December built up to that 25th day.  And what a day it was!!  Going to Church on Christmas day, the day, is just fantastic.  Our building was jammed with visiting families filling pews with the regular attenders.  All were celebrating being together and then attending Church and seeing old friends.  I think we had angels with us as our music was just heavenly.  The YW sang and there was a flute solo also, the Primary sang, the organist used the stop (or whatever) for bells and it was wonderful, 2 pianists accompanied the violinist, a Christmas story was shared & a Christmas talk.  We all sang parts and sang from our hearts.  It was a celebratory time.  I wished it could have gone on and on.

Lydia and Johnathan, two of the violinists 4 children, came and sat with us and we felt like grandparents.  We were so glad for that.  I looked around and my entire being just felt cozy, warm, loved and filled with testimony.  I had tears that just kept surfacing.  I saw Becka, looking all like the Mia-Maid she now is and loved her, and her grandparents for raising her.  Families gathered for Sarah's Tuesday wedding.  Heidi home for awhile.  Mike back from his traveling.  Myra Faye with enough health to come to Sacrament.  Ken.  Maurine. Jerry.  All with health issues that we pray for amongst others.  And Kathryn, Lee, and Noma that weren't able to be with us, I missed them.  Nan making the effort to come across the building to hug me and wish me a Merry Christmas.  And Tammy. Paula.
Seeing Timote/meeting his wife.  Seeing Mark/his wife from a distance.  MaryLynne, Emma, Shannon, Crystal, Joan, Tish, Sharon, Julianna.   Heather.  Cheryl. Tamera.  Betsy.  Joyce and Joyce (and her daughters!).  Chelle.  Abby. Okay!  I better stop as I now realize that I could name everyone in the Ward that touched my life Sunday because they all did, simply by being at Church.  Every single person...man, woman, child...member or visitor...my life was blessed by their presence.  Singing with them and sharing that sacred hour of feeling the Spirit was a choice blessing.

My life was blessed because every single person that came to Church showed me the commitment of their testimony....Just by being there.  leaving the presents.  dealing with the children.  thinking of the meal. getting everyone dressed.  rehearsing songs. Arriving on time and being happy, friendly and loving.  Oh, yes.  I had tears.

Great feelings of love, welled up, when we talked to our children and heard their happiness and realized that no one sat around and moped.  Each made the day joyous and were happy.  Sharing a feast with our son and enjoying each other's company and being grateful that he could join us, with his ever present icepack making it possible. Just another line on the happiness list!

What a fantastic 25 days!  The baking, the sharing, the decorations, children enjoying looking at them, carols sung to us, treats by the platefuls, the programs (including our sardine packed attendance at the Ward Christmas Party), lots of watching Hallmark channel Christmas shows plus the greatness of BYUTV on the Spoken Word, watching 5 different Nutcrackers-from around the world on TV plus attending one at the Capitol Theatre, lunching with friends, visiting with friends, Christmas music like the Messiah and the DVD with Sissell that was featured with the Choir in 2007We love to watch different versions of A Christmas Carol and saw 3 this year.  TV is a wonderful treasure!!  So all of that plus more was nestled in amongst regular life and it was memorable.  and already I look forward to next year!!  and will do similar things again.

Christmas is all about love, don't you think?  The love we have for the Savior, the love of the Gospel, the love of our families, our friends, and loving our turn on earth.

This season was topped off by a single act of love after Church.  We had scooted home, changed clothes, started finishing up dishes for our meal and there was a knock on the door.  To my surprise it was Mindi!  She said it wouldn't be Christmas if she didn't get a hug.  To think that she took the time to come over and express her love just grabbed my heart.  She always calls me Sister S., as I was her Seminary teacher, when she was a freshman in high school.  There is something so special in the way she addresses me. I feel mother hen and she my chick!  We have had a long consistent involvement for these many years and she is as precious to me today, as she was when I met her that 9th grade year.  Unfailingly on Sunday she will find me and give me a hug.  This was such a sweet gift as she left her family to come see me.  

We are in the right place when we attend Church on Sunday and the 25th just really ended December and all the Sundays for 2011 in a most special way!!

No comments: