Friday, November 28, 2014

Day after...

So here we are the day after our first ever of eating, Thanksgiving Dinner, in a restaurant!!  I still feel very American, very patriotic to the day that we celebrate all that we are thankful for, and grateful that we did it!!  We turned to two eating out and not three!  Terry was really under the weather and stayed in his recliner for the two days before and day of.  ( not to worry.  nasty cold.  as he said...I'm not dying.  I'm just sick!)  I tried to take a picture of him and he put the kabash on it.  Did he elevate his voice when he said...for pete's sake, Nancy!  No! you can't take my picture! ??? 
resting in recliner. holding his head with his hand.  feeling yucky.

 Kipper and I forged ahead with Plan A.  We felt we were in excellent company with each other but he pulled this somber face and looks unlike himself although he thought this represented him in best fashion.


 There weren't hardly any people there at 4pm.  I wondered why I chose that reservation time??? This place is fantastic if you are a bbq-rib-eater!!  they know their stuff, for sure!!


Someone told me to order 2 corn muffins.  I didn't, as there was so much food on what I ordered, but I could see why she told me to do that.  I had St. Louis Ribs!  Oh, my.  Yummy!!!

My day after feelings... Thanksgiving day-- Terry missed Turkey aroma wafting through the house.  I should have popped a Costco Jenny-O turkey breast in the oven.  Had it in my freezer!  and baked one pie!  A piece of turkey for a sandwich and a slice of pie would have been nice today.

Other thoughts....I would make a reservation for about an hour or so after they open.  our fries had been sitting under heat lamp and weren't hot.  Go while they are still making that sort of thing, like fries, or just request fresh ones and be willing to wait.

one more thought...it's important to do something out of the ordinary daily routine for Thanksgiving... touch base with family members and know what they are doing...enjoy hearing what friends are doing...be happy....be thankful....reminisce.  All of this was done.

and one more...if for any reason your heart is not into cooking the big traditional dinner and you know you aren't going to enjoy the process then rethink it and regroup...either accept those other dinner invites or go to a restaurant.

we topped our meal off with a cupcake from Safeway!  a bit dry but still good.  lovely to look at!

Our wonderful yesterday....Macy's Parade....football game...Famous Dave's/Safeway dining...Seahawks (yes!)...BYU Messiah (not the actual music.  the story. which I'd seen before but still enjoyed)  Interspersed with hearing from our children....Florida, Kansas, Utah, Nevada and celebrating with the one here.  Also knowing where our oldest grandchild and his family were...with his in-laws in WA.


No comments: