Wednesday, November 12, 2014

PS to a past blog

A little while ago I blogged about my engineer son here  I wanted to share this note that Greg sent us and couldn't find it.  Now I have found it and here it is....  (his design did what it was designed to do!)

****************************************

I am having fun in Italy.  Spent most of the day in the mountains where they quarry the marble.  The whole mountain is made from marble.  Was able to watch one of my designs in use.  It is easy to sit at a desk and think that the design is good by looking at the numbers, but when I saw the power of moving these 30 to 60 ton blocks I must admit I was a little concerned.  My little design was holding this huge block and the machine would grunt and groan when they were trying to pick up the block.


Here is a picture of my fork (can't see it under the block) trying to
pick up a huge block.  Note that the rear tires are off the ground.












No comments: