Monday, November 17, 2014

Promise on Service

I love if/then promises from the scriptures and authorized authorities.  those that can promise things and the Lord will honor those promises IF I do what they say.

Ever feel that you really should help on some service, assigned or asked or prompted, and then you think...I can't.  I have to much to do today.  There is no way I can do more than I already have going...  Haven't we all felt that way??

There is a sister in our Stake and she and I are soul sisters, in that we both love IF/THEN promises.  She shared one that I'd never heard before and I loved it.  I asked her if she would send it to me and she did.  I underlined the part that really got my attention. Actually I really marked it all up.  What beautiful promises!!!

Enjoy this!!
******************************************

Hi Nancy-

Sorry it took me so long to get this to you. The quote is from Pres. Eyrings book, "Choose Higher Ground" found on page 8.

"For those who are discouraged by their circumstances and are therefore tempted to feel they cannot serve the Lord this day, I make you two promises. Hard as things seem today, they will be better in the next day if you choose to serve the Lord this day with your whole heart. Your circumstances may not be improved in the ways which you desire. But you will have been given new strength to carry your burdens and new confidence that when your burdens become too heavy, the Lord, whom you have served, will carry what you cannot. The other promise I make to you is that by choosing to serve Him this day, you will feel His love and grow to love Him more."

Kory

No comments: