Friday, November 7, 2014

Am I repeating myself????

About the impact gay marriage will have on our lives, in many ways unknown, is what I've been watching out for.  I see the Church being open and seeming to diffuse critics by laying it all on the line...a video about garments, pictures of Temple interiors, open houses of Temples, more visibility of women in areas of service and all sorts of openess. 

When that Family Proclamation was introduced in 1995, along with others, I had the same thought...well, of course! marriage is between a man and a woman!!...  We have had years to absorb this document and to see the far reaching impact it is having in our society.  I'm thinking it's the tip of the iceberg and we are in danger of collision.

As gay marriage starts to sweep the nation I'm appalled.  Once it started gaining momentum I could see there would be no going back.  This movement reminds me of one of those old time toys that was a joke.  A can with a snack food label and when you open it a coiled snake expands and makes you jump and scream.  One of those fabric covered springs.  Once out of the can it is near impossible to stuff it back in the can.

I believe there is no stuffing this entire movement back in the can.  Those advocates are just waiting in the wings and enjoying the moment as immorality sweeps the nation.  I have noticed that the General Authorities have mentioned, at various times, that persecution will rear it's ugly head and will impact us.  It appears that this is where the impact of man's laws will slap our religious beliefs and challenge us on unknown fronts. I'm curious as to how this movement will impact the simplicity of me just worshiping on Sunday.  Will things remain peaceful within the Chapel and on the grounds? And at my nearby Temple?  So many unknowns.

It is chilling to read this Apostolic warning in the last part of the Proclamation to the World...

Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.

This article here is so well written and I wanted to share it with you.

Mothers- what a challenge to prepare/teach your little ones how to love the sinner but not embrace the sin.  Won't you have to call a spade a spade?  Yikes!! 

No comments: