Monday, December 1, 2014

bits and pieces of floating thoughts

 In Homer we had a Natural Food Store.  It was rustic, probably not up to par for inspections but we all shopped there for grains, honey, beans, nuts etc.  Plus they had a peanut grinder that turned out the best freshest peanut butter.  They had loose herbal teas, homeopathic remedies and all that sort of thing.  Homer had a lot of hippie/artistic types and a lot of granola/muesli eaters as they were some times called.  All of us blended and enjoyed the store with it's bins and scoops and paper sacks.

The store in Union Gap was that sort of run down looking Homer-like place.  I was happy when I saw it.  It was not like the Homer store but it had the feel in some ways when we first moved here.  The then owner baked WW bread and other types of that sort.  Gradually it has shifted to bottles and boxes and a few self-serve plastic tubes to dispense the grains/beans/nuts.

Now it has really changed in a big way.  Saturday I was in there looking for something or other.  They have a new clerk.  Older kind woman, pink cheeked, long single braid down her back, Birkenstocks with wool stockings, long loose skirt, simple black long sleeved top.  Thought of Homer again.

Then two men walked in the front doors, looked around and said to her, in a puzzled voice...where is the Marijuana?  She sweetly kindly smilingly said... Go back outside to the end of the building and turn right at the end of the fence.  It's down there.  they thanked her and she said sweetly...have a nice afternoon.  The one fellow laughed and said knowingly...oh, we will.  we will. 

So....  end of the line for my shopping here.  Buh-bye Mill Creek.  I will miss you!



They really decked it all out.  The sign says...

Washington State
Licensed Recreational
Marijuana Retail Store

around the yellow smiley face it gives the name...Mill Creek Natural Foods and the phone number.

Can't help but notice the gay pride rainbow flag also.
* red - life 
* orange - healing 
* yellow - sunlight 
* green - nature  
* blue - serenity 
* violet - spirit
( gay pride used to have  ~~~* hot pink - sexuality & * turquoise - magic~~~  but they removed those colors)


***********************************

 so many things tumbling through my mind.  I need to do a sift and sort and then blog.  in the meantime...

I absolutely could not believe that somewhere in our beloved USA a group tried to stop a production of The Nutcracker.  Atheists (I think that was the group) said it violated their rights!  Why?...  Because?... you ask!?  Because it has a CHRISTmas tree!!  Now that is a hard one to take.  They claim a Christmas tree is tied with Christmas.  Christian belief.  What next folks?  what next??? 

******************************

I'm thinking of my granddaughters, the older ones, ordered them bracelets and then went back next day, after ordering, and re-read and it said they were vegan leather.  What on earth??  it looks like a braided leather with a charm on it.  Then it hit me...PLASTIC!!  Don't you think so?  it's probably pure junk.  Plus I mis-ordered and had all 4, sent in two separate packages to one address!!  I'm losing it.  I think I'm losing it!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just can't say enough about the Mom's that get their chicks to Church and all are dressed and looking spiffy.  Then they do the MommyDance for a couple of hours and I just love them so much for doing that very thing!!  I know it's hard and seems endless and you wonder if it's really worth it.  Yes Yes and Yes!!  Today, a Mommy that I love, was trying to soothe her little one in the back foyer, with doors closed she had created a little sound proof square.  I opened the door and held him a minute (I thought he quite liked it!  I did for sure!).  She quickly took him back as he had diaper overflow on his back.

This fantastic piece of art is dedicated to her and all the Momma's that hang in there!!  Thank you so much!!

Any of you that have children not yet out of high school that hopefully are living at home with you...this is also for you!!   Thank you for all you do for your kiddos!


Climbing Mother by Brian Kershisnik






No comments: