Friday, December 26, 2014

A great Christmas!

I know.  I know.  I said I wasn't going to blog for a few days but this Christmas has been so wonderful I just have to blog a bit.

We bought a new vacuum and that was to be our joint present.  we weren't going to do any thing else.  Then his headset dies and it is so worn out that he will need a new one.  So Kipper and I get online and find one and order it.  I tell Terry that after Christmas would be a good time as maybe they will be on sale.  Then Terry decided to order one so I had to tell him that one was on the way.  Long story short.  They aren't here yet.  In the meantime this large box arrives and he says...don't open it.  it's a surprise for your Christmas.  then we have that conversation of...but you said...but I thought...that's not fair as I don't have a surprise for you.  All that silly immature talk that all adults do at one time or another.  So currently- the headset did not arrive.  the box is not opened.  we will open them both at the same time when his headset arrives.  just an extension of Christmas celebrating!  He is second guessing himself and wondering if he did overkill on what ever he ordered.  maybe size wise?  it's pretty big.

My mystery gift!
*****************************
We received so many love gifts of baked goods and candies.  Scrumptious!!  Beautiful cards!  Speaking of food...we had a delish dinner.  Turkey roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, StoveTop dressing, cranberries, olives, sparkling apple juice and mince meat pie.  it was such a simple dinner and some of the other things we were going to make we just decided not to.  there is something to be said for simple fare that tastes superb!  we cooked a winner dinner!!
*****************************
Phone calls from all of our children.  That was fantastic!!!  They all sounded good and happy.  Jeanee and her family were with David and his family.  They had been trying to do that for a long time and it finally all came together.  Jeanee was 8 when David arrived in our life.  a hefty 9.9!  She was a petite little darling.  She had longed for a baby sister but was thrilled when we got the call that a baby brother would arrive as soon as I flew to Renton and picked him up!  She did all the things that sisters do for newborns--feeding him, changing him, rocking him, dressing him, baby talking him etc. etc. and she still adores him and he her.   Of all the pictures she has sent of the two of them, this is my most favorite. 
 


************************
Terry and I were alone but things ended up just fine.  Next year we will be better prepared to bring in a few things that we enjoy looking at.  I appreciated Terry making the effort and bringing in a couple more nativities.  They seem to have a special feeling all their own.  Here is how our decorations ended up...
this made me nervous when I walked in on this!!  I was afraid he'd fall!
success!  the tree aired out enough to bring in and rehang!
contemplating how to restring lights inside like my Dad did when he made it. 
 *********************************
I was surprised when he found a box with some of our nativities.  They truly bring such a special feeling to a room.  so here is how it ended up with those...



My Daddy made the macrame tree and my Mother made me this in 1984...


*********************************
Terry brought in a Christmas house to prepare it to give away.  Very sentimental.  Difficult to do.  Reliving and walking down memory lane in his head.  Tough to watch from out of sight.  Then he started talking about how these houses need to be used and loved the way he has felt about them and his spirit lifted.




I love him so much and sometimes it's hard to see changes even in something like giving Christmas houses away.  tonight he was standing at the kitchen sink and he'd had Christmas music really loud and filling the room.  I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas came on and it was just dreamy beautiful.  I missed my children.  I thought of the many white Christmases we shared in Alaska and the pioneer experiences we shared and survived.  I thought again of the importance of making memories while your children are at home. I looked at Terry and was awash with love for him.  I asked him.. feel you can dance a bit?  and he quietly said...no. sorry.  The song was just so smooth and dance-worthy and I just snuggled to his side and hugged him and we sort of swayed. 
************************************
We had a fantastic Christmas and music was a huge part of it.  Terry had  Pandora  Christmas music on so loud that it filled the house but it was glorious (as my late friend Myra Faye would say.  I sure miss her).  I felt gifted on so many levels and I have to share the most unusual gift I've ever received.  A young man that I've known since he was 17, he's probably 40 now, sang me a song on FB!!  I was so shocked and so touched.  I blogged about him a couple of years ago.  He used to be in our old Ward before it was divided.  He's has a lot of struggles in his life about being LDS gay.  This reduced me to tears.   here
**************************************
Just had to say hi and share the joy I'm feeling.  An abundance for sure!!!



No comments: