Thursday, December 11, 2014

"Tis the Season...

 Figuring out my life this last while and ended up at one point this week, reminding myself that life is truly fleeting, and also remembering what Auntie Mame said in that hilarious old 1958 movie, of the same name- Auntie Mame... Live! "life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" I was thinking it's time to pick things up a notch.  Being somewhat crazed?-- Perhaps so.  I did the thing that lots of females do in a time of perceived crisis...got online and ordered a dress!  A plus size bright red dress!  Insane! 
 
******************************
    So things are different and that is fast becoming just fine.  It was nice to send out this note to our family and get such a fun response back.  
Dad is ready to give his Christmas houses away.  I know each of you have several so don’t need any duplicates or any more.  Anyone of the next generation want one or so or more?  If we don’t hear back then he’s gifting them to others.  first choice is for you and yours!!! 
 
love to each of you from your Mom
******************
 Oh no! Why?  Are they ones that belong to our series?  Putting up the houses are the boys favorite part of decorating.  I would love to be able to pass those down to them for their little families.  It's so special.  I hope I'm not too late!
 Love, your DIL💛💙💜💚
********************
Hi! We would be happy to take some. We packed poorly one year and a lot of ours broke. Grace absolutely loves them and she's sad that they are broken. 
Let me know!!
********************
Grandmama and Grandpapa, I would love to have a house or two, they are my favorite :)
Love you
**********************
We would love one. The kids would cherish the fact that it was yours.  Love you xoxo
*******************************
Good morning.  The girls expressed an interest in them. 
**********************************
Our boys enjoy those houses. We'll take them if no one else in our family does.
**********************************
(our lone daughter, she that requested several years ago-- please, stop sending them. We have no more attic space.)
Thanks so much Momma!  But we are bursting with houses and are all set here. xoxo 
************************************* 
Our eldest son said...
I would love to see them go to kids and families who are less fortunate this holiday season...
(He will maybe be surprised that his daughter-in-law wants 3! we'll probably give her 4!)

So that is taken care of.  Well, step one!  Now we have to find, sort, send.  But it will be fun is what I'm thinking!
 
******************************

 Decorating inside?--
The tree is still airing outdoors...the wreath is still hanging on the door knob...the Nativity is still where it sits year round... as is the other Nativity...as is the metal snow flake, decked out with a pine cone and a sprig of green pine needles...as is the house  with it's little tiny Christmas tree that reminds us of Halibut Cove. 



So year round we have these touches that make us feel cozy and sentimental and when December rolls around we feel Christmasy.  technically I could claim that we have Christmas decorations up year round.  They do remind us of home, family and the Savior.  So I'm thinking we are about set.

I'm really so fed up with all this holiday talk in the media/stores and leaving Christ out of everything.   It seems counter productive to me to buy more stuff or receive more stuff when I'm trying to get rid of stuff.  I have thought of what I want to do for my sisters I VT.  I have a rather bizarre idea (is that my norm??) but I want to do it.  IF I don't do it then I'll tell you what I wanted to do.  IF I do it then I won't tell you what I did.  I mean it's a gift after all!

 This morning I had a great visit with a dear friend about the poor and giving and all that goes along with that subject.  We are both on the same page and that is always nice to know that fact and confirm how you view things from the same vantage point.

Later on I remembered 2 blogs that I did in 2011.  Some of my favorite scriptures and a couple of incidents are shared.  If you are new to my blog you might not have seen it.  If you are old to my blog you might enjoy reading the references.

Spot of Beauty  here  

 Poor/Rich    here

(I'm loving my life and the newness of it each day, as I figure out how to shift gears, get off center and move along.  How long can a person be figuring things out on one subject...life!)

*************************

This is what the core of life is all about, isn't it???





    
                                                                     


No comments: