Thursday, July 31, 2014

What??!! July is gone!

I'm still thinking about love and peace and also the turmoil of the last days.  I'm not sure why I was so innocent that I would think I'd pull up a chair, eat popcorn, watch the action  and it would never really impact my life.  I guess I thought I'd watch the signs of the times unfold right before my eyes and simply choose not to be involved and share my testimony and conviction of the Gospel and the Savior and that would be my part.  Destruction all around and me unscathed.  such an innocent on so many levels. The world seeps into my life.

This stuff, the happenings of the last days, are everywhere.  I'm still okay with realizing this is prophecy being fulfilled and it will get worse and it's amazing to see scriptural things come to pass right before my eyes.  Things getting worse????  How on earth that will happen?...I have no idea.  I just know we haven't hit the pinnacle yet.

I want peace.  peace everywhere.  I want to be adorably pig-tailed waving my pom-poms and cheering for all the good guys.  I don't want people shoving stuff on me that I don't want.  Most especially in my religious beliefs I want no interference.   so therefore I'm really digging into reading about love and peace from the Gospel standpoint.

The gem of discovery for sharing today just really fortified my soul.  it made me remember that love is all we can do.  not saying we have to accept things being forced on us as best can be.  just saying I need to make sure I'm centered in love.

I saw love portrayed on the news.  well, it hit me like love.  it was in the Gaza strip with two battling forces.  Each side showed the wrapped body of a young man that had been killed.  Split screen showed two exact reactions.  Twins to each other in their grieving.  Each wailing as is their custom.  It really hit me hard that each Mother adored her boy and it tore her heart out to know he was so young and innocently caught up, just by being at a place that was unexpectedly hit.  Love was before my eyes as I witnessed these two women's suffering.  Lost because of warring factions but love just manifested in their grief.

I also saw a place that had been declared safe.  the women were inside this building with the children.  50 per room.  the men were outside the building in hopes the children would be safe.  then it accidentally was hit and destroyed and I forget how many lives were lost but I remember an irate women talking about the destruction and them trying to protect the children.

I think of the children, those illegals, spread all over the ground.  it is heart breaking to me.  They are children and I don't view all of them as hoodlums/criminals etc.  I wonder how their Mothers are.  We women think differently than men.

I love the children in our Ward.  I want them safe and to feel confident that there are adults that love them.  Primary workers!!!  gold medals to all!!

I'm going to try to increase my personal goal of loving unconditionally and reduce the boiling factor within me to a simmer of sorts.  Not fooling myself that I won't always be passionate about things!  Simmer would be a great improvement!!

I so enjoyed reading this quote and it really helps put things in perspective...

 Because love is the great commandment, it ought to be at the center of all and everything we do in our own family, in our Church callings, and in our livelihood. Love is the healing balm that repairs rifts in personal and family relationships. It is the bond that unites families, communities, and nations. Love is the power that initiates friendship, tolerance, civility, and respect. It is the source that overcomes divisiveness and hate. Love is the fire that warms our lives with unparalleled joy and divine hope. Love should be our walk and our talk. 
Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “The Love of God,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2009, 21–24

Isn't that just beautiful the way he said it?  the entire talk is a treasure!!  Enjoy!
 ******************************************
Family and friends are so special to me and I love them.  Yes.  You too!  I just need greater love within myself.  Am I the only one?

Here is someone I love with all my heart.  Our grandson Lance.  He will be home from his mission in a couple of weeks and we are looking forward to seeing him.  He wrote us a tender note.  I just have to share it...

Hey Grandma and Grandpa-
I have about 2 weeks left on my mission.  It is kinda sad but at the same time I am ready to go.  I feel that I have fulfilled my calling.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  It has been great.
By far the greatest part is my personal growth.  I have gained a deeper understanding of God and His Son, and my relationship to them.  The 2 years was worth it just because of this.
I have made many lifetime friends. It has been great.
I love the Gospel.  I am so grateful that you 2 joined the Church.  Thank you!
I love you All.  I hope you are there in August!  but if not, no worries.
Love you,
Elder Seljestad
*********************************************
I wanted to put a picture and I can't figure it out!!

 

No comments: