Friday, July 18, 2014

Listening and heeding even without total recall at the moment!


In the midst of trying to get busy around here and clear out things....we are wonderfully cool and so appreciative!  Terry remembered he'd covered a vent, when he built our living room bookcase and laid a bit of wood floor many years ago, so he went exploring and Kip joined the party!  Explorations like this are scary as you never know if he will actually hit paydirt.  He ended up finding the gold and we now have an extra vent for heat/AC!! Whew!  So glad he thought of that!!!
A CAT hat is essential!!  as are knee pads!
see the teeny test run square?  so thankful it wasn't a full excavation!!
Dad, you hold the lantern.  I'll chop the wood!
cleaning up the sawdust!
 Here are fans ready to be packed away.  There are two others not even pictured!  We were so thankful for a measure of comfort and especially that our AC is now fixed!!!
We use these at McCall!  so glad we had them!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I've been thinking about the love I have and appreciation for the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  Sunday I get to teach/talk to my Laurels about this amazing gift that we are each given at baptism.  I hope to share the gratitude I have for the Holy Ghost in my life.

I thought of how much I appreciate the little prompts, many times unknown in the moment, such as...My Laurel, Madeline, had just graduated from high-school and Early Morning Seminary and achieved her Personal Progress.  We were having a special time on a Sunday in honoring her and I really wanted to give her a picture to remember the 3 accomplishments and also to represent her Beehive through Laurel years.  I debated all kinds and was thinking of two beautiful prints that I'd seen at the Bookstore.  Was thinking to get one of them.  But it just wasn't the one.  Then the idea came...take the picture of Christ from the front of a personal progress book (with the overlay of the Temple) and frame it.  so I mounted it on beautiful rich deep paper and framed it in a super dark cherry frame.  glued a scripture on the back.  put the year.  etc. etc.

On that Sunday I gave a talk for a few minutes and presented it to her.  She was touched.

Imagine me being surprised and touched when she told me...remember when we went to New Beginnings, my Beehive year, and you told me that you would frame this picture and give it to me when I got my YW recognition?  

No, I did not remember it!  When she told me that day?...yes. then I did remember.  I have one framed for myself as it is one of my most favorite pictures.   I was thankful that something I meant when I said it, 6 years previous, had been brought to the forefront of my mind and it felt so right and made me happy as I knew it was the perfect picture for the occasion.  It's those sorts of things that make the Gospel alive in my life.  true also...by small things are great things brought to pass!

Small prompt but very important.  I love that aspect of the Gospel!  The Holy Ghost bringing things to our remembrance.  I really appreciated that being brought into my mind.

You have seen this with the Temple overlay.  Love it!!



No comments: