Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Soapboxing...PS

I was trying to find a quote I'd saved and found this blog I never shared.  Evidently it was right after a general Conference.  I'm thinking Oct. 2013.  One thing for sure...I have strong feelings that have not changed about certain things.  So I'm putting a bit more, a PS of sorts, to my previous Soapboxing...

I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles (sheet music cover).jpeg


My gratitude for my testimony of living Prophets is just huge!!!!  I just loved every single talk and they all spoke to my soul and nourished me.  I am so thankful for what these talks mean to me.  Amazingly they are already in place online to be listened to and we decided to start with the Sunday morning session and just go through them in order.  Usually we pick and choose different ones and maybe even one from a past Conference.  No better spiritual boost.

Elder Hales set the entire tone of Conference when he explained how Conference talks come about and promises to those who listen, ponder/think/mull over what they've heard and then endeavor to live it.  I love IF/THEN concepts.  It's not yet in online print to where I can copy a couple of statements for you but IF I had kiddos at home, I'd gather them every day and have them sit and listen, it's only 15 minutes, to a talk.  They would see the speaker, become familiar with his face, learn to recognize his voice and they would hear that powerful testimony at the end of each talk.  Yes, there are women speakers also!!  Those women and their callings will change but the Apostles will stay for life.  Read the promises of General Conference in Elder Hales talk.   Take advantage of it!!!  15 minutes of time could be the saving factor in your life and your family.

True, I'm an admitted Conference nut and have been so for years.  I make no apologies.  That is the way I am.  Monday morning, in that sort of pre-awake/dozing mode, I was thinking of Conference and things I'd heard that impressed me and that I could hardly wait to hear again.  It was rather vague and I couldn't really put the thoughts with the speakers but I was still enjoying reliving the past couple of days.  Unexpectedly, the clear thought came very strong to me....These are true messengers of God...  I was startled.  I realized that I really do believe that fact very strongly.  These are not just good talks by good men.  These are Apostles.  Apostles as in the time of Christ and I actually have a testimony of that fact.  I'm looking forward to the Temple this week and to ponder that beautiful thought that interrupted my half-awake pondering... They are the true messengers of God.

To me there was such beauty and hope in this Conference and direction and counsel and warnings.  The men to me seemed rather serious.  As if preparing us for the days ahead.  Yet there was always that counsel to adhere/obey/stay close to the Gospel and it's teachings/counsel and you will be okay.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I feel concern for the women of the Church and I guess for everyone.  I feel  women wanting the Priesthood and desiring to be Bishops and leaders is going to cause so many problems.  It saddens me.  Didn't these women ever study the way of the Church being governed and the organization of it?  Don't they know that people requesting/petitioning/suggesting/counseling etc. etc.  don't amount to anything?  Revelation for the body of the Church comes from the head of the Church.  From the top down.  Not from the bottom up.  Those who think they, by their endless whining, influenced Church authorities for all worthy males to receive the Priesthood,  had no influence at all.  The Church is run by revelation.  Revelation to Priesthood MEN that are called by authority.  That is a part of our Articles of Faith.  a very basic doctrine.

I have no intention of devoting blog after blog to these causes of turmoil/strife/division and who knows what else but I just have to get some of this off my mind.  True this is taken out of context, of an article in favor of Women being Ordained but I just feel saddened because I see trouble coming down the road at them, and the rest of us also, as we will need to declare ourselves as believers/followers of the Doctrine as it is OR take a stand as believers for Change of Doctrine.

 (I 100% disagree with this statement.)
 McBaine, founder of The Mormon Women Project, which showcases strong LDS women, wrote that she can imagine a future in which "the general Relief Society president is administratively and ministerially responsible for half of the world’s population in a joint venture of administering the church with the prophet."

(I also 100% disagree with this statement)
Alexandra Sandvik, 24, a law student at church-owned Brigham Young University, said she believes it’s a matter of time before women are given the priesthood.  "We expanded the priesthood to African-Americans and now every male can have it," said Sandvik, whose husband, Jason, joined her. "Even if it doesn’t [extend to women], I’ll die a faithful Latter-day Saint."

Remember, Sister Alexandra in your equality for all work, as a "faithful Latter-day Saint" you will want a Temple recommend.  Remember, you will want to attend the Temple.  Remember, your enjoyment in partaking of the Sacrament.  Remember, those questions in the recommend interview, about belonging or supporting groups/organizations, that oppose the Church or it's leaders?  Think it through as you could end up holding a lump of coal and packing anti-Church leaflets in your used-to be Temple bag.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All of us will have to take a stand, not be lukewarm,  not speak out of  both sides of our mouths.  Maybe not take a stand verbally but in our heart, our soul, we have to know what we really stand for.  How we really feel about Women receiving the Priesthood, and the opposition the Church has to same sex marriage.  BUT....should the time come for us to speak our truth when asked in casual, or not so casual, conversation...are we prepared?  do we know how we really feel?  Remember...silence is condoning.  Aren't we suppose to stand as witnesses of truth etc. etc.  I'm just saying ....  look to your own heart and figure out what is truth to you.

This is a lot of soap-boxing but I just had to share.  I have a bit more to share tomorrow and then my allotted time for discussion of something opposing the basic tenets of the Church will be finished (except for occasionally mentioning it).

(remember this was written in October 2013 and now we know I lie through my teeth!!  Oh, sure I'll never mention this subject again!!  oh, just occasionally??? uh-huh...you bet...of course!!  Serving notice that I most likely will spout off every once in awhile.  Maybe eventually I'll slow to a simmer but I'm just going to let what happens happens as far as what is on my mind and I blog about it!!  thanks for your understanding!) 

No comments: