Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Life continues....

Thanks for checking on me!  If I stop writing it's usually because I'm struggling in some way to balance my life.  It's like I freeze frame. I keep trying to get a grip on our new norm and find myself letting lose and floating in a bit of confusion.  You know the feeling of when a new baby comes into your life and it takes a bit to figure it all out...schedules...sleep deprivation...concern...guilt over feeling things are being neglected in all areas including tending to individual spiritual growth... uncertainty..doubt of own abilities to handle this newness of life?...that is what I've felt.   This newness is now Our New Normal.  As with a newborn...there are health things that we don't know how to handle...seemingly endless time spent in Doctor's waiting rooms... and all the time figuring out how to cope with limiting health factors like fatigue, poor balance, pain.  Not a pretty scenario but this is our life.

and our life, in it's NewNorm, is great.  We just have to tweak it, readjust our goals to fit a limited energy base.  Stop trying to multitask and do hours of something and realize we need to downsize that goal to perhaps one major task instead of hours or work.  Your mind can think of lists to cross things off and learning...regroup...rethink...refigure.

We are blessed for many reasons.  First of all we love each other.  That grants us patience and a measure of kindness in realizing life has changed.  Change...I've always embraced change and I am figuring out how to embrace this one.

For starters--at this point Terry's health is okay.  True he has limitation but he does the best he can.  True he laments, at times, missing his bull strength and his ability to climb ladders and all that sort of thing.  He wishes he could go help the Stake crews clean up the wild fire devastation in the Pateros area.  He can't and he realizes he would hinder and not help.  But he doesn't have pity parties and I'm thankful for that.

So with everything being level with all the gall bladder/pancreas etc. and not needing an appointment until Nov. 11th, it just made sense to go on a roadtrip!!  We have a capable car.  A GPS. I can buy minutes for my emergency cell phone.  Between the two of us we feel we have one working brain, decent vision with both of us watching traffic, so why not?

I realize that my paramount solution to everything challenge in life is to party/do something fun and have a family dinner or shared food of some sort!!  (even a breakfast at McD with their added sugar grams!)  all of that is somehow or other very healing.  Plus just the anticipation and planning is so energizing and I love it!!

So I sent a note to our kiddos and they are terrific.  All excited (hopefully about us coming to visit and not that I'm the designated driver!).  We are fortunate to see Kipper often as we are neighbors.  We get to see Jeanee and the girls and that is such a blessing when they visit.  So...

We will make a weekend short trip to see our grandson Kip and his family.  They both work so we go on a Friday afternoon, eat dinner, spend the night, eat breakfast, visit and come home Saturday afternoon.  that gives them time to do some of their weekend things.  It's marvelous!!

We will make a separate trip to visit our son Ben and his family in Carson City.  The boys might be in a play production and we hope to time it around that.

The big leg of the journey will be visiting our son Greg and his family in Kansas.  Oh, I need some red Dorothy shoes to click and just arrive but instead we will drive and drive and drive.  Our grandson Lance will be home from his mission on August 12.  he will shortly be leaving for BYU-I and we want to see him.  so we will leave here on August 25.

then we will see David and his family on the way back from Greg.

See my sister on the way home from David's.

I really want to at least say hi to my friend Tamera.  not sure if it will work out but just wishing so!

Of course I'm hoping weight will just miraculously sluff off and that I will have old time pictures organized, in books and ready to gift each family.  why not make them all quilts???  surely I can write my life history in a couple of weeks.  really, I'm so over the top on things.  At best it will just be us and that will be enough for them.  and us!

In seeking peace and answers...I got a blessing.  was reminded to immerse myself in study.  not just read but immerse myself.  I've had this counsel before and it was good to be reminded of essentials needed in my life to maintain the level of spirit that brings me the greatest personal revelation, peace, happiness and all sorts of goodies.

Today I studied about prayer and this has to be one of the best talks ever on prayer.  Read it and it will really make you think about how you pray.  It's about improving your personal prayers and I loved so much of the information.  like this....

To pray is to speak with God, the Eternal Father of our spirits—not at Him but with Him. He loves each of us perfectly and is full of mercy and understanding. He knows everything about us. He knows what we need, even when we can see only what we want. He has infinite power and capacity to sustain and guide us. He is always willing to forgive us and to help us in all things.


We can speak with Heavenly Father vocally or by forming thoughts and expressions in our minds and hearts. Personal prayers should be solemn, sacred expressions of praise and gratitude; heartfelt petitions for specific needs and desires; humble, contrite confessions and requests for cleansing forgiveness; pleadings for comfort, direction, and revelation. These expressions often cause us to pour out our very souls to our loving Heavenly Father.


Prayer is often a brief communication, but it can also be an open and continuous dialogue all throughout the day and night (see Alma 34:27).


this talk is in the Ensign.  by  Elder Kevin Pearson of the Seventy.  you can read it  here
I love that sentence I made bold!!  that is a great definition of how we pray always...thoughts in our minds and hearts.

I also throughly enjoyed this talk...

 President Thomas S. Monson taught, “Again, my brothers and sisters, our Heavenly Father is aware of our needs and will help us as we call upon Him for assistance. I believe that no concern of ours is too small or insignificant. The Lord is in the details of our lives” (“Consider the Blessings,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2012, 88).

So there you go.  My life. Up to date.  one more thing...I did get on FB with my own account!  Not sure how it will work but I'll give it a try.  Terry has one and I kept barging in and it was confusing as to which of us was making a comment.  problem solved.  ask...I'll friend you!

No comments: