Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Building up steam to move on down the tracks!!

Things are slowly picking up here and that feels good.

AC is working and it is wonderful to feel steady coolness throughout the house!  We were many, many, days in sauna mode so the feeling right now is so soothing.

Jeanee came on the first and things quickly went downhill health wise for her and then I jumped on board also. Adding it all up is 2 weeks!! Terry not up to par.  Kip out of commission also.  And here we have our darling granddaughters coming and nothing planned except one play!!!  Sort of interesting that I never could get my act together to plan things and what a mess it would have been IF I had planned a lot of locked into events!! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While languishing n our sick-o-beds nothing was kept up and my 3 hanging baskets died! 
 Isn't that criminal???

Had been purple and gorgeous!!

Intended to soak them but instead let them die of thirst!!  Murderer!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Terry decided he needed to wash a few clothes and instead of heating up house with the dryer, to just hang them outdoors.  I was startled when I saw his wallet on the kitchen counter with laundered money.  Peeked out the window and loved how he hung the clothes!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, the Les Mis play was planned weeks ago but Jeanee and I couldn't go! Now that is sick in my book when I have to stay in bed and miss a play!!!.... but the girls went with Madeline.  They have been playmates since they were 4 and Madeline 5.  Every summer they get together.

Photo: Had a great time the other night watching Les Miserables with these "lovely ladies" :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Several years ago the girls bought old $10 or so bikes and painted them and decorated them and each year the tires are pumped up and away they go.  Cassie's bike is almost ready to ride!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Kipper cooked a great farewell dinner for all of us.  we did have a couple of great meals but I did not get a single picture.  The girls spent a lot of time with their Uncle.  Mutual admiration society!!


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

For the first year, since the girls were 5, we did not go to Leavenworth but the girls did a sentimental tune,  with Cassie playing guitar and they sang Edelweiss as a duet.  They have heavenly voices!!  Identical twins cannot be beat!!  brought tears to my eyes.  Hope they sing more and more!!





another super blurry one!!  sorry!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's always hard for them to say goodbye to each other but it doesn't look like it in this blurry picture!
Cassie-- Madeline-- Tori
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, Jeanee and I, mustered up enough oomph and kept the luncheon reservation for our traditional lunch at the White House Cafe.  We have gone there for many years and it was as enjoyable as in the past.

Then we went to Inklings Bookstore and we always enjoy that.  (I bought Ibsen's A Doll's House.  I'd never seen the play nor read it.  it really shocked me being written in 1879!!!  Would make an interesting read for BookClub! Would love to hear what others thought of it.)

Jeanee and I had used up our available energy so we cut things short and headed home.  They left super early Tuesday and by the time you read this they will be home and enjoying Florida.






Individual Homemade Blueberry Pie!  We shared!

(I think Jeanee and I look rough!!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow I'm going to post my latest food craze!!!  Be ready!  grab a glass of ice water, relax,  and read my little mini-book as I jump up on my soap box!!  It's always something new with professional dieters!!!  The fatties of the world knowing everything and out to save everyone-- as only a co-dependent can do!!  Goes with the territory.... so tune in for my rantings!!

You do know I appreciate you, don't you????   I do!


No comments: