Monday, July 21, 2014

Good morning!

Teaching these lovely Laurels is a challenge.  Not them but the time allotment!  I love the teaching outline of the new program.  I'm comfortable and it's what I enjoy.  The problem that I've seen from the get-go, and it really hit me yesterday, is I'm not with them enough Sundays to build a closeness, establish a feeling of how our class is on a comfort level.  I only teach 2 Sundays a month.  2nd and 3rd.  so when I teach that 3rd Sunday...I'm not in class with them again for 2 weeks.  if there is a 5th Sunday then it's 3 weeks!!  how on earth do you create a sense of security, confidence etc. with such brokenness.  Plus I don't text!  Somehow or other I will figure it out.  Actually I have not been able to figure it out.  So my plan is to go to the Temple (speaking of which...another new film!  3rd one out!), fervently pray and receive some personal revelation through the Holy Ghost.  Which by the way was what I taught yesterday!

Love this quote.  a part of what I read in preparation for my class....

From the True to the Faith Book -

Full enjoyment of the gift of the Holy Ghost includes receiving revelation and comfort, serving and blessing others through spiritual gifts, and being sanctified from sin and made fit for exaltation in the celestial kingdom. These blessings depend on your worthiness; they come a little at a time as you are ready for them. As you bring your life in harmony with God’s will, you gradually receive the Holy Ghost in great measure. The Prophet Joseph Smith declared that the mysteries of God’s kingdom “are only to be seen and understood by the power of the Holy Spirit, which God bestows on those who love him, and purify themselves before him” 

I look forward to seeing what I come up with to unify my class and draw them closer to me at the same time!!

I've shared it before but here is my all time favorite quote about the Holy Ghost by Parley P. Pratt.  I WANT MORE OF THIS!!!!
...quickens all the intellectual faculties, increases, enlarges, expands and purifies all the natural passions and affections; and adapts them, by the gift of wisdom, to their lawful use.  He inspires, develops, cultivates and matures all the fine-toned sympathies, joys, tastes, kindred feelings and affections of our nature. He inspires virtue, kindness, goodness, tenderness, gentleness and charity. He develops beauty of person, form and features.  He tends to health, vigor, animation and social feeling. He invigorates all the faculties of the physical and intellectual man. He strengthens, and gives tone to the nerves. In short, it is, as it were, marrow to the bone, joy to the heart, light to the eyes, music to the ears, and life to the whole being.


No comments: