Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Ready or not...the party has started!!!

Things are officially underway here and I survived my total lack of preparations.  All misgivings and self-judgement and wishes for deeds undone to magically do themselves and any of that sort of stinkin' thinkin'  vanished when I saw this adorable joyous face when she saw me!

I LOVE THIS GIRL!!!!
Explaining about her finger cutting accident- GROSS!!
Showing her shutter finger for the camera!
I did get her bed ready.....
Murphy Bed.  so handy.  so nice to have tucked away.
she felt like she was home!
She took a class from an artist in Florida and made me a book.  It is filled with antique fabric, ribbon, buttons, quotes, flowers, a bit of sparkle and lots of love.  It has what is called two chapters, books themselves and then they are bound together.  it is rustic, feminine, and absolutely a treasure of beauty.  soft colors. and I loved this book of love she made me............

The spine of the book
She painted the cover of me- the mother bird!
an inside page
division of 2 chapters. gorgeous bejeweled spine separation.
filled with quotes and sprinkling of beautiful touches
Last page!  Teary for me. note the tiny red jewel on the word love.

Being Home
On the threshold the entire past
and the endless future
rush to meet one another.
                                 --Gunilla Norris

You are my home.
I love you beyond words.
Jeanee


back cover.  she painted 5 eggs in my nest!

book laid out with front and back showing!
 I'm amazed at the artistry and talent and creativity of this darling girl.  Her brothers all have abilities that at times astound me so I'm not wanting to overlook them but right this minute?-- I'm focused on my daughter that has so blessed my life. 

So... being reminded that-- relationships are key to my existence-- her gifting me with such a treasure was tender and touching.

The reality of her being home, and coming into super hot temps, meant trying to deal with a heated house after the naturally chilliness of Alaska.  We hadn't gone to Alaska but we too were roasting. We ended up finally cooling off but not without lots of fans!!  Thanks to Kipper for helping us out!!  


If we are hot you can't say we didn't at least try to cool things down!!  Right now it's feeling good in here!

No comments: