Saturday, February 1, 2014

Blankets and clutter and junk...oh, my!

If you feel sort of sing-song like, then think Wizard of Oz and sing blog title to tune of Lions and tigers and bears..oh, my!

and instead of seeing me skipping along, just realize I'm still plugging along and moving ahead.

Tackled armoire.  quilts stored in here.  well, there are some in back bedroom also but for now this is what I saw...
All nice and tidy....

Yeh, right!!!

Quilts my Grandmother Clark made.  Machine quilted which I do not like at all.  My Mother had it done.

More quilts Grandmother Clark made and hand quilted!  Yes!!

She made this Double Wedding ring and quilted it!  by hand!  My favorite!

My Mother crocheted the fringy one. For now this is it on quilt/blankets until I hit the back room!

I also did the two smallest drawers in the house.  drawers in our nightstands.  I thought it ironic that his has a blue card and mine a pink one right on top.




His.  Hmmmmm.  Just wondering...  aren't you?

His.  I think he and I need to talk!!

Finished.

Laid his Patriarchal Blessing in his drawer.

My stuff.  Stacked up so it looks smaller than what it was.

Finished.

Laid my Patriarchal Blessing on top.

Final touch.  I found one for his side also!
I also did a 3 drawer dresser that is filled with my stuff.  There was so much stuff!!!

drawer 1
drawer 2

drawer 3

The thing is the drawers are only pulled out halfway and if you pull them out all the way then each had gobs of stuff like this....


I sorted/matched, threw away, moved to a different place all of the extra in each drawer.  Now they are all neat and tidy like the one below.

finish. believe me it looks better. jam-packed order?

In my soul baring, weakness exposing, state of mind I found some very interesting things such as...
Handmade gloves.  gorgeous needlework!  so soft and beautiful.

My Mothers beaded evening bag, handmade handkerchiefs, bow that was tied around jar that had chocolate drops. 
 That jar of yumminess was given to me when Terry was in re-hab, by my favorite enabler aka best friend!!   My stash- The jar of dark chocolate that I kept hid in amongst all the stuff!  She knew I needed it!  I savored the one last chip I found nestled amongst clean soft hankies right after I snapped this picture!


Tucked in drawer!
I'm thinking I need an intervention or go to drug rehab as look what was tucked in the top drawer in the back!  Have no idea how this flask got in there but here is the evidence!...

Who put this in my drawer!!!??

What!?  this also!  How come I'm not asked to be the WW spokesperson????

Oh, one more try at insanity.  I pay them to weigh me & tell me what the scale says! they will say if I gained/lost!

Even family members are not above blackmail/bribery/rewards.--  PLEASE!!  Just lose anything!!!  I will pay you!!!

No comments: