Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snow Angels

Saturday morning I heard some noise and looked out and found a young couple shoveling out our driveway and car!! 



Saturday night? it snowed again!




Sunday.  A Church Snow Day.  The Stake President cancelled all meetings throughout the Stake.

I've enjoyed sweet blessings, this weekend, that have warmed my heart against any cold weather and snow flurries or whatever.   Late Saturday night, 2 wonderful men...father and son duo... honorable Priesthood holders, came over and administered a blessing to Terry.  He was so sick. (taking him to Dr. tomorrow.  ulcer?)  I love and appreciate men that understand, appreciate and use that portion of Godly power bestowed upon them.  I have confidence and faith in blessings. I also was comforted by a blessing for myself.

As they were leaving they reassured me that I could call them, no matter the time of night, if I needed more help.  Cautioned me to not drive.  Reassured me they had 4-wheel drive vehicles.  Then called when they got home and told me again...if Terry worsens to call, no matter the time of night. 

Then the same two men showed up this morning to shovel our driveway!  But that was already done!

Earlier today I again heard some noise and a wonderful man was out there just shoveling away.  He did the entire driveway, truck, car and the porch!


 I have no idea how we made the snow angel list but it truly could not have come at a better time on all counts!!  Blessings abound.

These doers of good deeds made me think of people being the Lord's hands...Also the importance of practicality in service...Also taking the initiative and not waiting around to be told to do good... Also if you've done it unto the least of any of us, you've done it unto the Lord...Also these are the sorts of people mentioned in Mattew 25.   and on and on the list could go!!

Feeling the visible love!!!  So thankful for friends with charitable hearts!  




No comments: