Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Another check mark!!!

Does someone that seldom bakes/cooks lots of goodies and such, really need 10 pie tins, 4 round cake pans, 8 bread pans, 5 muffin tins, 4 spring form pans????  Should they be stored in the same cupboard along with the home defense weapon of Terry's BB-gun?  Oh, and 9 furniture sliders, binoculars and a camera tripod?

We're talking two people, not like an army, living here.

I endeavor to keep like things together.  So I have a baking cupboard/casserole dishes sort of space.  My rule is...I can keep it IF it can fit in designated space.  So I may keep to much but I justify it if it fits in it's little cubby hole! 

You can see that neither of these little homilies were adhered to by this picture.  note the years old spray starch all over the ironing board cover!  Maybe I should buy a new one!!
Untidy!!!

Tidy (except for ironing board.  bad.  but I seldom iron.  my excuse!)

This was not real hard to organize even though it's way more than I need.  That MAC bag on the top shelf is filled with plastic gift bags for cookies and candy that I most likely will not fill but just in case I slip a gear and actually do it, I'm prepared to give a gift bag to each individual in the entire Ward.

The reason it wasn't difficult was because I removed all of this.....


What on earth???!!  Who put this stuff in that little cupboard????
Now the big challenge.  What am I going to do with shelf covering, garlic baker, food chopper, BIG gravy boat, measuring bowls, garlic and oil misters, small cast iron skillet, 7 plastic containers  (one still in packaging) that are suppose to keep veggies etc. fresh.  Almost every single thing has never been used!  This will take creative thinking to figure out what to do.  Can I let it go? 

Oh, boy.  I'm tired.  it's late.  Technically the cupboard is tidy.  I can see what is there and if I do go on some wild spree, I know where the pans are to get the baking/cooking deed done.  I'm not going to stuff any of this stuff back in there.

This will require some mulling over.

Birthday gifts?  shower gifts?  wedding gifts?  friend gifts?  store in a tote? Value Village?

No comments: