Thursday, February 6, 2014

Privacy Protocol...

Tests in mortality are so varied and the ones that are struck by disease just have my heart.  Injuries are also so impairing.  There is also collateral damage that happens to families when one family member suffers. In our home, with just the two of us, we have challenges that are small compared to what our friends are battling.  Some are suffering from emotional/mental heartache.  My heart and love and prayers go out to them.

In a Ward family it's natural, after being together week after week, to want to know what is going on.  We love and care for each other and want to help.  We have a natural curiosity of wondering.  Sometimes it is just exhausting to rehash the happenings, when a person is busy in treatment or recovery.

I like to know the basics, of even those I only know because I see them every week.  I love and care for them.  All of us have Ward friends that we share our personal lives with but there is also another side to health dilemmas. 

I have friends dealing with various things right now...heartache, injury, cancer.

My friends are in 3 camps, as far as choice of medical care, when they or a family member have been invaded with a disease.  Some go strictly  1) allopathic medicine (conventional treatments) or 2) alternative treatments or 3) combination of the two.  Usually each person feels very strongly that their way is the right way.  Some feel it is the right treatment for them. Others feel it is the right treatment for everyone.  

When a person is battling a possible life-threatening situation, making life-altering decisions as the best move for them, the one thing I see in common is found in these two words. 

Private-adj.  not to made known publicly, confidential

Privacy-n. being private, seclusion

It's a big decision as what to share, how to share, who to share it with etc. etc.

As I said, I like to know the basics as I want to pray.  Pray for someone I know and care about.  Yes, I pray at the Temple but this goes beyond that on a heart level.  I have a vested interest in them.  

Today MF started her radiation treatments.

My friend, Wendy, is recovering from a snowboarding accident and a part of her injuries is a concussion (scary to me!!).

Another friend got devastating news about a child.

My Ward friend, MaryLynne, is in Utah- battling what the Susan G. Komen runs are all about.  Prayers are needed and appreciated for all concerned. ML sent our RSP a note so that will go out to our Ward.  She told me I could blog basics for you readers.

My friends all chose different ways to handle what is going on.  They don't need my input.  Just my love and support.

Going to go pray a gratitude prayer for my life with no huge problems and also my friends that are dealing with the biggest problems-- for them to be blessed and strengthened.

No comments: