Friday, February 21, 2014

Ready to start my engine...again!

Took a detour as so often happens in life.  Moving along and then Hubby's gallbladder takes center stage.  Now he's had his Ultra-sound and we await results.  It still seems strange to me that someone can be in the hurt locker and yet available help is slow as molasses and moves you to the bottom of some list that feels endless. 

One thing that was great was apple juice.  A son reminded me that people do cleanses for gallbladders.  I, in the midst of concern (and maybe brain drain!) had forgotten that fact.  Asked a couple of cleanser-type people if they had suggestions.  Ended up going online (what did we do before becoming our own medical sleuths?).  So many cleanses available.  I decided I wanted the most simple one I could find.  Lots of them used apple juice.  The one I chose was super simple and it had the only hope filled sentence that none of the others mentioned.  They all said it would soften the gallstones but only my choice had the magic words...The apple juice contains limonoid which helps soften any gallstones and alleviate any pain you are experiencing. That bit of info was like a hoped for fortune cookie prophecy.  I longed for it.  Hoped for it.  Wanted it to work for my guy.  IT DID!!!

So...people asking about me.  concerned for me.  I tended to hole up.  Withdraw.  What is that disorder when you never leave your home?  I was like that.  Just fussing over Terry.  Hovering. Bat in a cave.

Then I stopped being an ostrich, faced the gorgeous blue sky, absorbed that free mental health boost, and am ready to continue my de-junk attack.  Anytime you really feel down, stepping outdoors and looking at anything natural, immediately reminds me of the pre-existent plan.  The sky.  The trees.  The earth.  Gifted to me, to you, to us, as a part of The Plan.  I can peek at the sky and remember....  It's all right....God is in His Heaven and all is right with my world. 

My mind thinks of Korihor.  I'm really not like him.  I'm not seeking signs.  I'm a believer.  I have a core of strong beliefs.  The reason I think of him, is in his sign seeking, Alma tells him about the most powerful sign of all.  Alma tells him that he has the testimony of the brethren and the holy apostles and the scriptures.  And then he tells him that all of these things denote there is a God.  Then a step beyond all of this, as a convincing sign that there is a God, Alma says...
yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator. (Alma 30:44)

I am reminded, comforted and strengthened by the moon and stars and sun and sky, and the whole nine yards, that earth life is a part of a grand plan.  Earthly pulls on my time, this last while, made me realize I needed to step outside and bask in the power and reminders available, of that heavenly council and the details of the earth, for our mortal experience. To sort of center myself.

A little verbose or is that an oxymoron? 

Anyhow.

Sitting and waiting for Terry to have his testing and watching the Olympics.  A woman came and sat down by me.  I asked if she was following the O's.  She said no. Her interest is the lottery and she was hoping she had 5 numbers so she could win a million$'s.  That was what she was following.

When I saw the medal ceremony with USA/Canada it really hit me about the downer of a silver medal for some.  Maybe something was said about it and it registered later but it was this.  If a person wins a bronze then they defeated someone to win that medal.  If a person wins silver, then someone beat them even though they won.  Gold means you defeated someone.  Silver means someone defeated you.  Bronze means you defeated someone.  So...boys and girls, that is why Silver is such a tough pill to swallow or in this case...ribbon bestowal to wear.  Now surely that is trivia of the day!!

I did take a picture on the finished fabric cupboard and also the picture of the horse quilt that my Mother and I made.  Excuse me.  The quilt is NOT made.  it's ready to be finished!

I've never had such a small amount of fabric!! Double deep.  Fabric behind what you see.

This needs black embroidered eye and nose and a couple of "patches".  

The fabric to the left are the borders and the heart square is one of the 4 corners.  This turns out so adorable.  We made a lot of them.

Still in de-junk/downsize mode.  Ready to move forward.  Monday I will restart.  right now I'll get back to where I was and pickup and tidy-up and cleanup.  Regroup!
   

No comments: