Friday, September 6, 2013

To soothe your aching heart...

It's a constant study to figure out how to apply the Atonement in our life.  Everything is covered by the power of the Atonement.  I used to think it was only helpful in sin.  Over the years I've really sought to figure out how to use it in my life on a more constant basis.  I was thrilled to learn that the application of the power of the atonement covers all pain and hurt.

I have friends that are struggling.  Aching and hurting and suffering emotionally& spiritually plus physically.  Hopefully they will draw strength from this old talk for 2006. It's going to zip through cyberspace and lodge in their hearts.

Take a peek  and do yourself a favor by reading this address by Carol Rasmus.

... just look right here The Atonement

It's entitled The Enabling Power of the Atonement.  She shares some of my most favorite sources.   I LOVE this article.  (This would sure make a great FHE.)

Ever thought in this light?  I underlined the part that is such a startling truth and the way Elder Holland says it?....sigh.  The Spirit  witnessed to me that it is true. 

Feel Confident in God’s Hands

On the eve of Jesus Christ’s suffering in Gethsemane, He issued this benediction to His disciples: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. … Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27). Of this invitation, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles said, “[This] may be one of the Savior’s commandments that is, even in the hearts of otherwise faithful Latter-day Saints, almost universally disobeyed; and yet I wonder whether our resistance to this invitation could be any more grievous to the Lord’s merciful heart.” Elder Holland added, “I am convinced that none of us can appreciate how deeply it wounds the loving heart of the Savior of the world when he finds that his people do not feel confident in his care or secure in his hands.”3

Christ stands ready with outstretched arms as He waits for us to come unto Him and be encircled in the arms of His love (see D&C 6:20). It is here that we can be healed, nourished, loved, enabled, strengthened, and made whole. Although the trial may be hard and the relief may not be immediate, we need to learn to allow God to help carry our burdens. We can do this by turning to Him regularly to seek His enabling power.

(Grace.  I love the concept of Grace. The Gospel empowers us....if we want it to be a part of our lives then we need to include that enrichment in our daily lives)

No comments: