Thursday, September 5, 2013

Finishing up the reminising!

Getting off subject with the feminists desiring to attend Priesthood meeting in their quest for Priesthood and becoming Bishops etc. sort of pulled me off base, momentarily, in reminiscing about some of the youth I was involved with.  I didn't stop thinking about them but just paused to soapbox a bit!!

Life is so interesting when you have lived enough years that in some instances years have accumulated in certain realms of Church service.  Today I asked the young man, (newly called to team teach Seminary, with his wife, in the building where we used to hold his class with me his teacher) how old he is.  He was in the first class I taught.  Marty told me he is almost 46 years old!!  How did that happen????  He has 4 children!  a daughter out of high school!!

Danny, a freshman in the last class I taught, is 26!!  Mike is about the same age.  Eric?  not sure.

So many missions, Temple marriages, & children in all those numbers.  Sadly some did not take that route but they have a special spot in my heart and I love them so much!  Life is not easy even if you go to Seminary!!!

I figure that covers 20 years of time and I probably taught 12 classes out of those.  The rest were with YW.  Several years with YW in CA and Anchorage/Homer/AK District before Seminary.

The Church is just fantastic in the opportunities we have to serve.  I loved all those years.  It has been fun to think about those times.  They are a great memory.  Now I make new memories and this stage of my life is wonderful also.

IF I could do it again.  I'd keep track of my callings and dates and number of students etc.  It wasn't of interest to me then but it is now.  It would be fun to look back and remember service opportunities.  Think about doing that for yourself.  I wish I had the names of each student I taught.  I'd try to track them down.

I'm wondering if I might find some Laurel girls from CA?  Now that would be fun to do!

No comments: