Monday, September 23, 2013

Hooray for enduring to the end!!!!

A milestone Sunday.  Our Wedding Anniversary.  I had left the house early to make the 9am Sacrament meeting in Yakima so we didn't get to sit together at Church, which is sometimes the case with me visiting other Wards, at times.

We talked a lot yesterday and today about being married for what at times- seems like eternity already- and then the flip side, of just getting things going in our marriage!

Our very first year of marriage was absolutely blissful!  We were two young 18 year old teens (Terry turned 19 the next month).  That is way to young for marriage!!!  Especially without the Gospel in your life.  Perhaps with the Gospel we would have still married but later on.

We knew nothing about being married and apparently nothing about planning a family as 3 months later I was expecting!  My Mother was barely adjusted, and I mean barely, to me being married and then a baby on it's way!!  I created grief for her as she was in a constant state of panic over what we were going to do, how we would handle it, how could we make it and on and on.

The thing that saved us, as we grew up and both of us changed, was the fact that we actually loved each other with a very deep love.  That coupled with the Church coming into our life and gaining testimonies, going to the Temple, and seriously wanting to be a forever family, held us together.

Looking back I'm surprised at the intensity of our love.  We have been through so many life experiences, that have sorely tried both of us, and yet we have endured...not only the learning experience but each other going through the learning experience!

We know each other so well and that is very comforting and relaxing.  Terry said that is what he loves most-- how comfortable we are with each other. 

People end up with their hen house ways and you just learn to accept it, roll with it and realize we are all a bit peculiar in our own individuality!  I love that he, Mr. Rock Solid, has compassion on Ms. Hormonal Mess.  He doesn't understand my drama and tears and wailing, while I on the other hand can't figure out why he doesn't weep his heart out.  Actually that was umpteen years ago.

His Bulging Biceps have receded and my Roller Coaster Hormones have all departed (wonderful!!!  love it!!)  It's a new world from those many years ago and it's different but it's great!

Like pets, we each have routine things that make us comfy.  Terry likes his personal space.  If meeting chairs are set up side by side, he will separate them so no one is touching him except for one chair.  my chair.

Same in the pew.  he doesn't want anyone sitting real close to him, with one exception.  Me.  He will pat the bench, motion for me to move closer, close enough that our shoulders/arms touch and then he will hold my hand.

He tells me he is amazed at how great I look, my size is just perfect, says he loves my skin that is not even wrinkled a bit,  says he just can't get over how young I look!  I go peek in the mirror and see the reality.  Skin does age and wrinkle.  Spirits don't.  He evidently is looking at my spirit with his spiritual vision.  Nice.

I on the other hand melt when he gets dressed for Church in his suit or if he puts on a pair of work coveralls.  He looks so handsome!  he tells me I'm blind.  But with him wearing that suit with that white hair, and sweet face, he is a leading man in the movies!!   and I love his hands.  Big and strong.  not so hefty now.  fingers now so crooked, that sometimes we laugh when he points, as it's hard to figure out which direction he really means!

We are here for each other.  Comfortable and comforting and still in love.  real love.

Happy 56th, Terry.  I love you so much!  xoxoxoxoxo

We were dancing fools!  Loved it!

visiting relatives on a road-trip.

Home from a stint at Amchitka

In High School. 2 babies!



No comments: