Monday, August 13, 2012

What a blessing!


Hi everyone!  I missed you!  I'm thinking that the summer fun has ended and moved into my memory bank of great times and my life will now settle down somewhat and be in more of a routine.  One thing different about this summer was doing lots of things in short time spans.  Just cramming it full of things, even if it was just sitting and talking, and enjoying being in the company of each other.

The brief time with Greg and Lance was so wonderful.  They had a great Father/Son time on a very looonnnnnggg road trip when you count round trip being 50 hours!!  That was so great that Lance wanted to come spend time with us.

Before their trip he'd taken out his endowments in the new Kansas Temple, had also gone to Winter Quarters Temple and wanted to go to SL (it was closed for cleaning).  When he gets home they will go to Nauvoo Temple also.  How special that he wanted to go to CR Temple.  They were so kind to him in Temple and even invited us in to assist in Sealings.  I was glad he got to be involved in that ordinance.

My heart was so tender on the day we went as it seemed  unbelievable that we would have 3 generations in the Temple and I would witness that event!!  It was my good fortune to sit in a spot that I could see all 3 of them clearly with no one else around them.  I was lost in thought of how wonderful this was and how long we'd prayed for this day and the joy and gratitude I felt surfaced in tears coursing down my cheeks.

Priesthood power is so real.  It's been a part of our lives and our home.  Whenever we get together with Greg we have a tradition that he gives each of us a blessing and then his Dad gives him one.  One evening we were sitting and talking and the subject of blessings suddenly surfaced when Terry told Greg that he wanted to assist him in giving Lance a blessing.  Then we all ended up with blessings.

This is what impressed me beforehand.  Terry and Greg were both casually dressed.  Greg said....We better get dressed for giving a blessing.  Each changed into white shirt, tie, slacks.  Greg even put on his Church shoes.  I was happy they took the time to change into something more appropriate than the sweats and shorts they had on.  They showed such respect for that Heavenly power by doing so.  I felt that power right in our living room. 

Personal blessings are so amazing.  One thing of interest in Terry's.--  He has struggled with being unable to do some of the things he used to do and feels bad, sort of guilty for not helping when help is needed.  In the blessing he was told to not hold back, to attend and support things because moral support was also service.  I really thought that was great counsel and very inspired.

This picture is one that was taken on the evening of the blessings.  I like it because neither combed their hair.  it just seems so real to me.  2 men that love the Lord and respect and acknowledge the Priesthood they are bearers of and they use that power to help family members, right in our home.

My life is blessed many times by Priesthood blessings.  I'm sure yours is also.



No comments: